Pinpoint the game that did it for you..

Somewhere between United and Bolton...

The derby game was an absolute horror show. The worst game I’ve ever had to sit and watch. I could go on and on about how poor we were that day...

A momentarily reprieve against Leeds then followed up by a dismal - and predictable - loss to Bolton. It confirmed in my mind that the manager can’t get a tune out of this squad anymore, certainly not on any consistent basis to challenge for promotion. 

The recent inane ramblings (he’s becoming a figure of ridicule with the histrionics) has merely served to compound things further. 

Aston Villa, first game of last season.

Thought to myself after about 20 minutes "summat's not right here". Quietly had reservations about our performances, tactics, man management, transfers, style of football and general direction as a club since and throughout the entirety of last season.

Huddersfield at home, play-off semi, was the first time I actively wanted him out and for my money is when he should still have gone. Everything has been an absolute disaster since. I don't think I've ever wanted a manager out more than following the horror show at home to United. 

We are limping onwards with no plan and no direction. 

• Like 1

As other people have said, versus Rotherham at home was my first thought that he wasn't capable of getting the best out of this squad of players. This continued game by game and came to a head for me with the 'performance' at Leeds away (Rhodes missed pen) where I think that pen was our only shot on target and we had slipped to 8th I think after that defeat. I've wanted him gone since then.

Ok, we sneaked into the play-offs (don't let 4th place fool you) playing some of the worst football I have seen since Alan Irvine but to then put in those 'performances' to a bang average Huddersfield side (twice!) was completely unforgivable. Nearly 40 years following the Owls and I'd not come out of the ground so angry and disappointed - we literally threw away the golden ticket. He should have gone the very next morning and retained at least some dignity and goodwill. 

All that dignity and goodwill has evaporated with his inane ramblings, abject surrender on our own pitch to the pigs, and continued dour tactics that allowed us to go 210 minutes without a shot on target and just 5 SoT in the whole month of November.

I just cannot for the life of me believe that he's still in a job. Every week I say that surely he has to go now...Monday morning for sure he'll be gone...yet, Saturday comes around again and he's still flippinghere! And for that reason the whisperings of Doyen involvement and other outside influences must surely carry some weight. 

It's a very sad state of affairs which now the fans have turned will not be able to be reversed. He simply has to go now - and the sooner the better for all concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Thought to myself after about 20 minutes "summat's not right here". Quietly had reservations about our performances, tactics, man management, transfers, style of football and general direction as a club since and throughout the entirety of last season.

Interesting.

Didn't think too much about it at the time against Villa, but I remember thinking our style of play had altered from a few months prior. We seemed more concerned with shutting up shop rather than going out and attacking teams.

Dismissed it as a one off, first game of the season type performance, but it became pretty apparent after a few more weeks that we'd shifted philosophy.

In saying that the end nearly justified the means as we finished in the play offs. Then Carlos decides to go super negative in the semi final and we were back to square one.

Still - I thought that perhaps it'd be third time lucky (build on what we'd done previously), but we've gone backwards at an alarming rate.

Wasn't happy last season with the style of play but could understand the need to become more difficult to beat and we were always on target for the

playoffs so couldn't really complain. The approach in the playoff games was the final straw for me especially considering what had happened against

Hull a year earlier, just could not believe that we could get to the playoffs two seasons in a row and then totally fail to perform.

This season has been a complete disaster on and off the pitch and its obvious that the relationship has now run its course, I think we are limbo until

DC acts. 

32 minutes ago, Middlewood Owl said:

Wasn't happy last season with the style of play but could understand the need to become more difficult to beat and we were always on target for the

playoffs so couldn't really complain. The approach in the playoff games was the final straw for me especially considering what had happened against

Hull a year earlier, just could not believe that we could get to the playoffs two seasons in a row and then totally fail to perform.

This season has been a complete disaster on and off the pitch and its obvious that the relationship has now run its course, I think we are limbo until

DC acts. 

Who could do a job though? Id like Pearson

Preston away.

I was by no means happy with last season. Our performances were mediocre for the most part, and relied on a lot of fortune to sustain the result we did, particularly mid-season. The Huddersfield semi final away game was a frustrating performance, but I could accept the result, confident we'd see a performance similar to the Brighton one 12 months previously.

What happened on that night against a Huddersfield side who were on their feet, was inexcusable. The set up, the mindset, our retreat when we went a goal ahead, culminating in the public hanging of Rhodes after the game. 

However, I was ready to, reluctantly, give Carlos a final throw of the dice to get us promoted. I felt sure, he'd see last season's turgid campaign as a step too far, and we'd see an amalgamation of our 1st seasons high energy, high pressure, expansive football and last season dogged, determined nature that saw us scrape results out we really didn't deserve. 

So I went to Preston away, optimistic, that Carlos we would see that very philosophy rolled out and put into practice. Excited to see Forestieri play in his most effective position, after playing there for the whole of pre season. 

What did we get served up? Utter garbage. Safety first, turgid football with no adventure, no flair. Forestieri playing up front alongside a lost Jordan Rhodes. Our best player, Gary Hooper, left on the bench. 

I walked out of Deepdale, convinced that we'd see the same dross we'd been served up the previous 12 months. I gave him til the end of the September if performances remained the same. And here we are, almost almost halfway through the season, and the performances have remained at the same borefest, uninspiring level, and as every week goes by, a man, who was a hugely popular (not just with Wednesday fans, but nationally), charismatic, switched on and engaging, becomes a parody of himself more and more each week. He's looking more like Basil Fawlty these days than he is Jose Mourinho. 

Carlos' dream ended a long time ago...we are now stuck deep inside his nightmare, and there's no sign of us waking up anytime soon.

It wasn't any particular game, the penny started to drop last Autumn when I realised that this is how Carlos was going to set up, from this day forward so to speak. Brief hope that we would turn the corner after (both) results against Newcastle and Norwich at home we're quickly dispelled as we fell back in to default position. 12 months on and I'm not surprised to see us heading down this cul-de-sac. Watching last Saturdays game I thought there were a few players who looked a little deflated by it all, Baz in particular. When you add in to the mix another bizarre press conference after being sent to the stands, that for me says its time for a change........NOW! 

If there are any supporters who still believe that Carlos should remain as manager I'd genuinely like to know reasons why and how they think he is going to turn things around.    

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Huddersfield at home, play-off semi, was the first time I actively wanted him out and for my money is when he should still have gone. Everything has been an absolute disaster since. I don't think I've ever wanted a manager out more than following the horror show at home to United. 

We are limping onwards with no plan and no direction. 

this is when i first 'questioned' his NEW style of play ..... luckily we scored first that day.