Pinpoint the game that did it for you..

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Lay off the Tufty sucking off for a while, your cloak is slipping 

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Colin, Tufty and that fat tvvat, you have to be a pig on the wind up to big that pile of turd up 

Yeah, I'm a Blades fan BR...

Jesus.

Say what you like about old Ten-Bellies, if he'd have been in the dugout on derby day I doubt we'd have got such a craven performance from the team.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Mother Nature is cruel.

Colin is the only man I know who can sit in one room and blow his nose in another.

Evo only needs to look at a slice of bread and he puts 2 stones on.

Tufty has a permanent expression on his face which would lead one to believe that he's straining at stool.

But for all their defects, lack of courage is not something which can be levelled at any of them.

Sadly that is not the case with our own man, the White Feather/a Pena Branca.

We'd be in the top two with Colin in charge.

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

The disgrace against the pigs!

Was worried in the build up with his comments!

He just didn't get how important it was and just thought it was another game and another 3 points!

Wilder was up for it big time cos of him being a fan too, thats what we need ASAP

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yeah, I'm a Blades fan BR...

Jesus.

Say what you like about old Ten-Bellies, if he'd have been in the dugout on derby day I doubt we'd have got such a craven performance from the team.

How have his other clubs fared under his stewardship? Where is he managing now?

One swallow does not make a summer

8 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

The disgrace against the pigs!

Was worried in the build up with his comments!

He just didn't get how important it was and just thought it was another game and another 3 points!

Something that really annoys me about that match and the fact that the players treated it like "just another game" was Lee Bullens role.

He's played in Sheffield derbies, he knows what it means to the fans, why wasn't he getting the players fired up for it? Barry Bannan admitted after the game that he didn't realise just how big it was!! How can that be possible with Bullen in the dressing room? What does he actually do??

9 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Preston away first game of the season. Abject display on the back of a full pre-season. No one had a clue what they were doing, even though this team has largely been together for three years. 

Exactly this but the Preston game at beginning of year last season was woeful I really can't believe we managed to bluff our way so far since ?....

On 12/4/2017 at 07:44, Orlando_Trustful said:

Been asked quite a few times on here.

Reading at home last season on a Friday night.

Utterly piiss poor performance against a promotion rival. CC stood there clueless on the touch line for most of the game. 

Exactly this for me too

I remember starting to watch him at about 60 minutes and he just looked like a manager that was about to get sacked... all the familiar mannerisms. Shows how much I know, but also shows he's been looking bereft of ideas for a while now

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Exactly this for me too

I remember starting to watch him at about 60 minutes and he just looked like a manager that was about to get sacked... all the familiar mannerisms. Shows how much I know, but also shows he's been looking bereft of ideas for a while now

Yeah, we were the same that night watching him. Looked like a man that didn't know what to do next as we plodded along.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Something that really annoys me about that match and the fact that the players treated it like "just another game" was Lee Bullens role.

He's played in Sheffield derbies, he knows what it means to the fans, why wasn't he getting the players fired up for it? Barry Bannan admitted after the game that he didn't realise just how big it was!! How can that be possible with Bullen in the dressing room? What does he actually do??

Spot on. I commented after that debacle, "where was Bullen in all this"? Clearly nowhere near the players on the build up. If he was then he can go when DC finally comes to his senses.

16 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Spot on. I commented after that debacle, "where was Bullen in all this"? Clearly nowhere near the players on the build up. If he was then he can go when DC finally comes to his senses.

Carlos probably tells him to stay in his corner with a book

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Sell houses

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 07:46, Stoop said:

Huddersfield at home in the playoffs 

Awful team selection, tactics and substitutions 

This x 1000%

In a game which was there for the taking, he tried his "I'll try to pinch it 1-0" approach.

If we had attacked Huddersfield we would have won that game. They had a centre half that was about as quick as me.

The more time that passes by, the more angry I get about the way he set up for that game. Total shambles.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

This x 1000%

In a game which was there for the taking, he tried his "I'll try to pinch it 1-0" approach.

If we had attacked Huddersfield we would have won that game. They had a centre half that was about as quick as me.

The more time that passes by, the more angry I get about the way he set up for that game. Total shambles.

I’m the same

Ive never left a game as furious as I did that night

The chance of promotion was blown spectacularly. I’m not even talking about hindsight here either. I can remember hearing the lineup on the way to the ground and shaking my head in disbelief.

Since when had FF and Fletcher worked upfront?

Why drop Reach?

Why play FF, Pudil, Hutchinson and Lee in a game that could go to 120 minutes when all 4 aren’t 100% fit?

Why change things so drastically from a side that had just won 6 on the bounce?

Why try and defend a one goal lead, when the crowd are up and Huddersfield were on the ropes? We should have killed that game off

All that stood in our way from a return to the Premier league, was an average hard working Huddersfield at home and Reading at Wembley

Carlos blew it big time

Not so much losing faith in Carlos, but the project as a whole For me it started after Wembley Really enjoyed that season, despite the Wembley defeat 

It was clear to most, I think, exactly what we needed to do if we wanted to take the next step. There wasn’t that much wrong, and was fairly simple to fix, especially given the money that was available.

However, that window was an ill thought out disaster In came a dozen new faces, none really addressing the obvious shortcomings That’s when I started to lose faith 

As the season started to unfold, it was clear that something was really wrong The manager formulated a system that, in his mind anyway, negated the need for pace and power It was reasonably effective, but as a spectacle, for me, a total turn off.

I stuck with it, but my visits to Hillsborough became more sporadic Even in December I was still engaged enough to launch a one man campaign against the prospect of signing Jordan Rhodes Our January moves for Rhodes, Fox and Winnall, were again, not what was needed

I saw the season out, but following another uninspiring summer window, I vowed to not get so wound up by the going’s on at Hillsborough When you disengage, then you don’t feel obliged to go to the games You can be more pragmatic, and if the football doesn’t entertain you, you don’t go

I’ve seen us only 5 times this season, despite being in the country most of the time That’s unheard of for me

Sadly, I don’t see things improving any time soon Unlike others, I don’t see it as simply a case of sacking the manager, the problems seem much deeper We are a club who have lost our way