Dean Smith - next SWFC manager

The thing with suggesting a new manager (Smith would be decent imo) is that it gives the impression that Carlos is already in the past to many people. 

Once it gets to that stage, it’s hard to see a turnaround. This site is quite vocally anti-Carlos, to the point where he’s already redundant in people’s minds.  

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The thing with suggesting a new manager (Smith would be decent imo) is that it gives the impression that Carlos is already in the past to many people. 

Once it gets to that stage, it’s hard to see a turnaround. This site is quite vocally anti-Carlos, to the point where he’s already redundant in people’s minds.  

True, just thinking the same.

Though it's clear that he'll be here till the summer at least. 

Just got to hope we win games between now and then.

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I love this site.

We have spent 17.5 of the last 20 years being managed terribly by British managers.  Perhaps the biggest culprits of the lot being ex players Turner and Wilson.  We have often gone for those small club over achievers - Turner at Hartlepool, Jewell from Bradford, Irvine ex Preston, Sturrock ex Plymouth, Laws from Scunthorpe, Wilson from Barnsley.

We then get a foreign fella in who has actually managed some proper clubs in top flight leagues - and lo and behold we finish in the top 6 two seasons on the trot. 

Last season ALL 6 of the top 6 clubs in our league had non British managers.

And so our conclusion from all that is - lets get a manager who finished beneath us in the league both of the last 2 seasons, and is a British ex player.

I'd love to smoke some of the stuff people smoke on this site.  Dean Smith FFS.

What's the obsession these days which random unknown foreigners? 

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

If CC were to be sacked and Smith appointed in his place I would be ecstatic 

its not gonna happen though. Wednesday don’t make managerial appointments like this. Young managers with ridiculous potential 

but we have many times some have worked a lot havnt .....

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

Really? So what nationality is London born and raised Chris Hughton then?

Oh, and 6 of the current top 7 clubs in this division have an English manager by the way...

Is that a serious question ?

he is Irish and has always said he was Irish !

If Carlos goes it'll be another foreigner, and probably an Ibrrian.

We've a good team on paper, so I'm not too bothered. The main thing is that a new man will banish the hangover, and there's usually a honeymoon period which would get us back into contention. Bu it needs to be soon.

2 hours ago, Malkmus said:

I'd take him.

But you know what will happen...

He'll sign some up and coming players from the lower leagues and our fans will destroy them after one match.

Why has that happened before ?

Are you a fan ?

Would you destroy them after one game ?

He clearly knows his stuff and Brentford play great football. Their budget must be minuscule compared to us. 

My worry would be that if we appointed someone like him the players we have don't suit his style. It would take a huge transformation in our squad and I don't think we would give him the time to do so.