Season Ticket Renewal

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

You’ve never felt like stopping before?

Nope not as much as i do now don't know if its the football really just lost that love i've had for footy for over 30 years. I sit and watch and find myself thinking about other stuff and being bored to death.

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You’ve never felt like stopping before?

I’m fairness fans weren’t paying what they are now during the dark years in the early 00’s.

We are now paying some of the highest prices in the Championship and I agree with DC with regards to FFP but with increased prices comes increased expectation.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

You do realise were away Saturday and its £20 a ticket for Adults or did you just jump in without reading the thread?

How does he and his family get there? By Tardis? If he takes his family to Reading he’ll be looking at forking out over £150 even with cheap tickets. Or did you forget about the 280 mile round trip and just jump in with your childish response?

My concern is how much it costs on the day that I won't hardly see any games if I don't renew. However paying so much for a season ticket for fleating glimpses of good attractive football each game between the dross isn't worth the price.

Plus not knowing if we will be back in stripes next season too. That might not matter to some but paying out in February and come August not seeing us in our proper kit really annoyed me this year.

3 in our house currently have ST’s.... Our lass, me, and my boy. Currently we paid £1,150 for this season. Personally I’ve had enough and won’t renew. Our lass and my lad probably will but I’ll more than likely go to Hallam FC and get some value for money.

Like an earlier poster said, the comparisons between now and the late 90’s with regard to the money wasted on players is extremely worrying.

Bit of a dilemma for DC. It'll cost him a lot to replace Carlos and his Portuguese backroom staff, but it might well cost him more if he doesn't. I can fully understand fans not renewing their STs, especially if DC actually increases prices at all given the latest revelations re our prices compared to those of other Championship teams. It is also arguable that Carlos is costing DC millions by being unable to get the most out of our highly paid and costly bunch of players. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian joicey said:

Been going for 45 years,had a season ticket for god knows how long but i'm done! cannot watch this borefest any longer, i'll pick n choose which matches to use my s/t for this season,then that's it. i'd like to thank carlos for saving me money for an extra holiday .... ta chuck ! :carlos:

Bloody part timers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

How does he and his family get there? By Tardis? If he takes his family to Reading he’ll be looking at forking out over £150 even with cheap tickets. Or did you forget about the 280 mile round trip and just jump in with your childish response?

If you read the entire thread maybe you will have a clue what I'm talking about but if not crack on kid I'm fully aware how far Reading is and cant confirm nor deny he owns a Tardis so might have travel costs then again might not.

Oh and well done for quitting when going gets tough thank god Mrs & Kid have more loyalty then you, Enjoy Hallam who will welcome your cash but if they have a bad season perhaps you can try Sheffield FC next.

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'd still renew if we were in the National League North, if you actually go to the football for the football then you're doing it wrong. It's just a chance for a drink and to see your mates.

Which is exactly why away games are more attractive.

it's made me very sad reading this thread. All the feelgood momentum from the first season has evaporated.

I understand totally nearly all the posts on here and, of course, people decide what to do with their own money. There is no doubt in my mind that our prices are too high and I get the resentment that our players earn more in a week than most do in a year and turn in a performance like at Ipswich.  I've seen much worse times than this but I suppose the big difference is the players weren't millionaires in the 70's !

If I were starting now I admit I would find it hard to reconcile spending a lot of my hard earned money on Wednesday. There's been so little reward in 50 years!

Having said all that it's in my blood and I'll keep going as long as I have breath. Wednesday till I die means just that, it's not an empty phrase just to be trundled out at Wembley.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'd still renew if we were in the National League North, if you actually go to the football for the football then you're doing it wrong. It's just a chance for a drink and to see your mates.

love the atmosphere in the pub before and after, better than the game most times.

Like some have said I can see both sides of the argument. I'm in the fortunate position of being able to afford my season ticket without breaking the bank but if I wasn't I would have to reconsider. My problem will come in just over a year's time when my daughter's season ticket will shoot up by over £400. Then it will become a problem because she can't attend night matches. I don't mind paying for her if she still wants to come but if we keep playing as we are she will soon get bored. I've been following Wednesday for 30 years so it's kind of in my blood now and I still really look forward to going to matches despite the way we're playing. I suppose I'm just hoping for that occasional brilliant performance we get from time to time. 

5 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

I will renew whatever the situation.  Yes it isn't great at the moment but it's certainly been far, far worse in recent memory. Some people would do well to remember that.

Yes, I've supported this club for sixty years and seen some absolute garbage at times, but during those times we were cash strapped and couldn't really expect any better for the prices we were paying at the gate. We now pay through the nose to watch absolute dross being dished up by players costing millions.

Some people would do well to remember that as well.

6 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

If you read the entire thread maybe you will have a clue what I'm talking about but if not crack on kid I'm fully aware how far Reading is and cant confirm nor deny he owns a Tardis so might have travel costs then again might not.

Oh and well done for quitting when going gets tough thank god Mrs & Kid have more loyalty then you, Enjoy Hallam who will welcome your cash but if they have a bad season perhaps you can try Sheffield FC next.

Been going for 44 years lad. We’ve had far tougher times but for relative fractions of the current cost of this ‘entertainment’.

You think it’s ok to fork out over £1,100 next season for another 3 ST’s whilst we are serving up poor football? What planet are you on?

54 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Yes, I've supported this club for sixty years and seen some absolute garbage at times, but during those times we were cash strapped and couldn't really expect any better for the prices we were paying at the gate. We now pay through the nose to watch absolute dross being dished up by players costing millions.

Some people would do well to remember that as well.

Well aware of that. I also however agree with DC that if we want the better players then ticket prices must rise, unless of course we don't invest in the squad and remain largely uncompetetive. Yes performances haven't been great but it wouldn't stop me renewing next year.