Season Ticket Renewal

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Good question. If I were him I certainly would not increase prices to make up the shortfall of income. IMO he needs the fans goodwill more than anything. He will make up the shortfall by spending less on wasteful transfer, having seen what is possible at Huddersfield and Utd. He also should realise that the policy of buying "proven" championship/premership players on v high wages does not work and he needs to mix in the promising ambitious young talent that other clubs seem to uncover.

for every Huddersfield theres a Rotherham ,Charlton , wigan , etc ect who buy those sort of players and get relegated .......if he can pull a wagner or wilder out the bag then he's got a chance but he could just as easily pull a jacket,caldwell, powell, type 

if people want to watch better football next season then you need to make your feelings loud and clear at games that the product is totally unacceptable that's the only way chansiri will listen ive totally had enough now ,but I will renew next season what ever , I shouted carlos out at Bolton we need to do this at home games ,I really don't care if we finish 4th 8th 16th this season I cant put up with watching overpaid has beens passing it sideways its totally boring ,and listening to that drivel carlos spouts after games . its quite clear to me if u aint happy with what your watching start making you feelings known don't worry about the crackpots what think this football is acceptable having ago at you in the ground. 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

for every Huddersfield theres a Rotherham ,Charlton , wigan , etc ect who buy those sort of players and get relegated .......if he can pull a wagner or wilder out the bag then he's got a chance but he could just as easily pull a jacket,caldwell, powell, type 

Understand that, but if you look at us we need a couple of pairs of younger legs in the side and we need a couple "for the future". Hirst (?) and Penney apart, where are our players of the future who can provide some continuity. Our First Team Squad is getting an aged look to it. Its part of the squad balance, we need a better mixture imo

5 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Understand that, but if you look at us we need a couple of pairs of younger legs in the side and we need a couple "for the future". Hirst (?) and Penney apart, where are our players of the future who can provide some continuity. Our First Team Squad is getting an aged look to it. Its part of the squad balance, we need a better mixture imo

I don't dispute that and agree it's the way i'd go as well but finding a manager who can do it is the tricky bit .

Just now, torryowl said:

I don't dispute that and agree it's the way i'd go as well but finding a manager who can do it is the tricky bit .

Yep you ain't wrong there, just hope DC is up to the job in selecting the next head coach, whenever that happens.Lets hope so and he understands what is required for our club. I never think that Wednesday are a club that is suitable for a "lesser name" type, but someone who has a good level of winning experience, understands the club and fans and has a personality to match our size and ambition (Catterick,Charlton, Atkinson Francis etc) We shall see in due course.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

if people want to watch better football next season then you need to make your feelings loud and clear at games that the product is totally unacceptable that's the only way chansiri will listen ive totally had enough now ,but I will renew next season what ever , I shouted carlos out at Bolton we need to do this at home games ,I really don't care if we finish 4th 8th 16th this season I cant put up with watching overpaid has beens passing it sideways its totally boring ,and listening to that drivel carlos spouts after games . its quite clear to me if u aint happy with what your watching start making you feelings known don't worry about the crackpots what think this football is acceptable having ago at you in the ground. 

The crowd should stop booing cos the players think it’s aimed at them, start chanting Carlos out and it will be clear who the culprit is...

Carlos always said he’d go if he lost part of the triangle, time to let him know he’s flatlined!..

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

.be interesting to see if we drop back to the usual 12-14k season ticket holders we had before we started competing again what chansiri will do . will he drive matchday prices even higher in the hope of covering the shortfall or would he drop them to a more acceptable level knowing that unless he does the gates are going to tumble drastically .

Good question. 

The sensible thing to do would be to drop them to try and tempt fans back ,but raising them even more could well backfire and drive even more fans away ,

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

I said next Saturday and good for reading that they charge £20. The thread is about season ticket renewal and not being able to afford prices. Hence my post. :ph34r:

So you didn't read it then otherwise you would have seen the post I initially responded to, Thanks lol 

8 hours ago, handworth52 said:

fecking typical of modern day life.there's always a few trying to spoil it for the majority....and lets be right you don't have to put up with it do you .if Tesco let you down then you go to Sainsbury you don't stand in middle of Tesco shouting for the managers head annoying all the sane customers   ...........if you want to make  your feelings  known write to chansiri telling him how you feel .you never know he may send you reply .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

Just because people are thinking about not renewing s/t's next season, does not make them any less of a Wednesdayite than you, they are simply disillusioned owls fans showing their frustration at the style of football or high prices at Hillsborough,

You may have a point pal, it was really a bit tongue in cheek my response as I'm a bit sick of these people who feel the need to come on saying "I'm not renewing" just cus we've had a sticky few months. 

Dont renew then!! No need to bore us with it.

They wind me up almost as much as those who beg for ID numbers when a big game comes along 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, torres said:

You may have a point pal, it was really a bit tongue in cheek my response as I'm a bit sick of these people who feel the need to come on saying "I'm not renewing" just cus we've had a sticky few months. 

Dont renew then!! No need to bore us with it.

They wind me up almost as much as those who beg for ID numbers when a big game comes along 

People of all opinions can post what they like on here mate

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Even if Torrey is sick of them and they wind him up ?

lol

Yes.

I feel Torrey could benefit from sitting patiently with a nice cup of tea and embracing the opposing views of those with opinions opposite to his own

He would experience a personal growth in his life and become very much more a happier and more tolerant person

As would we all

AMEN

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes.

I feel Torrey could benefit from sitting patiently with a nice cup of tea and embracing the opposing views of those with opinions opposite to his own

He would experience a personal growth in his life and become very much more a happier and more tolerant person

As would we all

AMEN

Sage advice.

I'm going make a cup of Chamomile tea, and think about all the good things Carlos is doing. This will help me become more tolerant of the 3 people who still rate him.

Thanks Neil.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Sage advice.

I'm going make a cup of Chamomile tea, and think about all the good things Carlos is doing. This will help me become more tolerant of the 3 people who still rate him.

Thanks Neil.

Do you wake up every morning and make it your mission to see how far up your own backside you can get ?

• Like 1