Season Ticket Renewal

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

we dont have better players than 2 years ago, just a bloated and expensive squad.

Absolutely spot on. Plus our so-called commercial and corporate departments are an utter disgrace and this must also be costing the club a small fortune in lost revenue, the same small fortune that DC is lumping onto poor merchandise, potd prices and ST’s but yet there are still people on here who prefer to attack those who speak out about these prices, just spouting utter bullsh1t about lack of loyalty to the club.

3 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

You do realise were away Saturday and its £20 a ticket for Adults or did you just jump in without reading the thread?

I said next Saturday and good for reading that they charge £20. The thread is about season ticket renewal and not being able to afford prices. Hence my post. :ph34r:

Tell you what...

If season ticket renewals do drop (which looks pretty likely going off what we've seen thus far), then the club is surely going have to give ticket prices a serious rethink?!

Worrying times. 

7 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Can you blaim them though for doing that. 

I wasn't  criticising the bloke ....you buy a season ticket coz you commit to the club no matter what ,theres no guarantees with it  , he obviously as doubts that he can so he'd be better off picking his games .

Edited by torryowl

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If you pay good money , you expect a decent product in return . 

would you keep shelling out £40 a month for an internet provider and the internet never works ? 

no you wouldnt 

But supporting a football club is not buying into  service contract FFS! Would you be happy to pay higher prices for a guaranteed return every week? Where would the excitement be in that? The beauty of the game - and this league - is that anybody can beat everybody, and we see that week in week out. And that's why most love watching football. I will be there on Saturday at Reading hoping for - not expecting - a win. And I'll enjoy the beer afterwards whatever.

Oh and, by the way, I pay over £40 per week for internet/TV and it is never consistent. 

3 hours ago, torres said:

I'll be getting mine, luckily I can afford it and I'm a Wednesdayite 

Just because people are thinking about not renewing s/t's next season, does not make them any less of a Wednesdayite than you, they are simply disillusioned owls fans showing their frustration at the style of football or high prices at Hillsborough,

Edited by Whatahoot

Season ticket holder for many years , first year of Carlos was a dream, loved every time I came up, cost me about a £100 pounds with fares and food, couldn't make midweek matches as no transport to get back, second year of his tenure was boring, was not going to pay the cost of a Season ticket for this year when

I couldn't get to midweek matches, and I thought that if the footy was as boring as the previous year, be better off giving it a miss, I am so glad that I did, watched that snore fest last night, we were lucky, could have had 2 players sent off, passing terrible, tedious.

Will not renew until Carlos changes tact, or leaves, would rather the former, but if he wont change then get rid.

Edited by daleblue

6 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Just because people are thinking about not renewing s/t's next season, does not make them any less of a Wednesdayite than you, they are simply disillusioned owls fans showing their frustration at the style of football or high prices at Hillsborough,

.be interesting to see if we drop back to the usual 12-14k season ticket holders we had before we started competing again what chansiri will do . will he drive matchday prices even higher in the hope of covering the shortfall or would he drop them to a more acceptable level knowing that unless he does the gates are going to tumble drastically .

27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I wasn't  criticising the bloke ....you buy a season ticket coz you commit to the club no matter what ,theres no guarantees with it  , he obviously as doubts that he can so he'd be better off picking his games .

I see your general point , but a s/t purchase is only a 1-3 year commitment and imo You can't really include "no matter what", as each person has their renewal criteria and its personal to them imo

1 minute ago, Whatahoot said:

I see your general point , but a s/t purchase is only a 1-3 year commitment and imo You can't really include "no matter what", as each person has their renewal criteria and its personal to them imo

when I said you commit no matter what I meant was  for the season you bought for not that your expected to renew it every year ....i'll renew when the early bird comes up in the new year but I don't have clue what state the club will be in come august but if it crashes and we have to sell the best players that's my bad as ive already committed and cant go asking for  my money back .......like I said if you have any doubts then my advice would be don't buy one coz once you do your committed for the season no matter what ......hope that makes sense  

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.be interesting to see if we drop back to the usual 12-14k season ticket holders we had before we started competing again what chansiri will do . will he drive matchday prices even higher in the hope of covering the shortfall or would he drop them to a more acceptable level knowing that unless he does the gates are going to tumble drastically .

Good question. If I were him I certainly would not increase prices to make up the shortfall of income. IMO he needs the fans goodwill more than anything. He will make up the shortfall by spending less on wasteful transfer, having seen what is possible at Huddersfield and Utd. He also should realise that the policy of buying "proven" championship/premership players on v high wages does not work and he needs to mix in the promising ambitious young talent that other clubs seem to uncover.

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

when I said you commit no matter what I meant was  for the season you bought for not that your expected to renew it every year ....i'll renew when the early bird comes up in the new year but I don't have clue what state the club will be in come august but if it crashes and we have to sell the best players that's my bad as ive already committed and cant go asking for  my money back .......like I said if you have any doubts then my advice would be don't buy one coz once you do your committed for the season no matter what ......hope that makes sense  

Yep...there is always an eliment of risk in buying a s/t and you hope that your gamble pays off, both in terms of the selling policy re players and what quality of football you are going to watch in the coming season. Game by game tickets for some is the best way to go if you don't fancy the gamble or the price is too high.