Season Ticket Renewal

1 minute ago, Key said:

Great idea; less cash for Wednesday, more cash for the opposites, that'll really help us get promoted!

Unbelievable Jeff!

:wacko:

I think he means the £75 a month spent elsewhere would be summat like Tesco or kwik fit

You can't chastise people for making a decision based on their own circumstances. If they would prefer to spend their money elsewhere then that is their right.

I personally will renew again but only on the proviso that (if we haven't been promoted) Carlos has not had his contract renewed.

I want to see new ideas, not another season regurgitating what hasn't worked during the previous.

I've travelled 100 miles to home games with the lad since he was 6 

He's now 17 and hopefully off to uni in sept so there's no way i'll be travelling by

myself to sit and watch that. I'll just pick and choose. I don't feel part of it anymore.

It's hard to explain but the apathy goes deep.

TBH even if he wasn't going away i wouldn't be renewing. £1000 it cost us this year

then there's the travel costs. 

The juice is just not worth the squeeze.

37 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If you pay good money , you expect a decent product in return . 

would you keep shelling out £40 a month for an internet provider and the internet never works ? 

no you wouldnt 

Plenty of folk paying for I Follow lol

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If you pay good money , you expect a decent product in return . 

would you keep shelling out £40 a month for an internet provider and the internet never works ? 

no you wouldnt 

Sounds a bit like iFollow.

Each to there own I suppose but were supposed to be Sheffield Wednesday fans so finance/family allowing we support them.

A lot at the minute are showing there as fickle as the come with somebody even saying he doesn't give a roger about Wednesday but I bet he'd be crying on here if we got to play offs final next season and he couldn't get a ticket.

Embarrassing. 

Due to work commitments, I've not had a season ticket for the last 3 years (20 years in a row before hand).  That being said, I'm still signed up as a member.

I can see both sides of this debate.  Personally, if I still had a season ticket, I would be seriously considering my renewal.  The attacking, exciting football we were all promised is nowhere to be seen! The Bristol City and Ipswich games recently as well as quite a few earlier in the season have been quite simply, predictable and boring.  At one point last night, I nearly switched the game off in favour of 'I'm a so called Celebrity'.

There are those with season tickets I've seen who are coming up for renewal who quite simply, cannot afford the asking price.  £750 for North Stand season tickets is mind boggling for lots of people.  You see Huddersfield dishing out season tickets for £199 in the Premier League, Bradford charge £199 as well in League One, just those examples make fans of those clubs of which I have friends who support both, question why it costs so much to attend games at Hillsborough.

We have those who will pay anything to follow Wednesday.  Whether it is though personal circumstance or scraping every penny for 12 months, you are the lifeblood of the club and I applaud each one of you.

If it wasn't so expensive, I believe nearly everyone on here would snap up season tickets and get Hillsborough rocking.  Unfortunately, in the economic world we now live in, plus the massive raise in pricing, this isn't an option for some people.  I'm sure all would agree that when we are able to attend, we get behind the team and cheer on the club we all love.

WAWAW 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Mine and my lad's 2 year STs are up after this season. Next year, my lad's goes up by £150 as he's no longer an under 10. At current prices I'll be paying about £700 if I go with the early bird renewal. I can honestly say that as things stand there is no way I'll be renewing as long as Carlos is the manager. I simply cannot justify £700 to watch that complete and utter garbage. 

What are other people's thoughts? Would you renew or buy an early bird ST and risk having to watch another season of this, or are you prepared to hang on and pay a bit more knowing that there's a new man in charge?

I can't think of anything at all that would prevent me from renewing my ST

9 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Each to there own I suppose but were supposed to be Sheffield Wednesday fans so finance/family allowing we support them.

A lot at the minute are showing there as fickle as the come with somebody even saying he doesn't give a roger about Wednesday but I bet he'd be crying on here if we got to play offs final next season and he couldn't get a ticket.

Embarrassing. 

Where did I say that? 

17 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

If I had to renew tomorrow there’s no chance I would. 

Just don’t see the point in forking a grand out a year to go and sit there bored and coming home piseed off.

Ya see, this is what i fail to understand,as it is now, there's folks saying they won't renew, if/when carlos is gone come seasons end, come next season with "new manager" which is the point people are saying is needed, those that "won't renew" IMO most certainly will. 

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Here we go.

If I give money to watch Wednesday or to Reading to watch Wednesday there. Doesn't make a difference to my pockets, I'm still spending. 

I'll have a. Enter day at reading though, as the whole day will be better.