Who is Sheffield Wednesday's greatest ever goalkeeper?

We have always had decent number 1s . I can’t go on about the likes of springett As they  was before my time .

all out keepers even I’m the darkest hours were pretty decent . They all have their flaws ( pressmans movement , grants handling , Westwood’s kicking , )but with the exception of old Tidman, I can’t think of one bought in as a number one who was poor. 

Also whilst a pure statistical analysis would be good and interesting to see, it might be a bit unfair on some of the old timers who played behind a 2-3-5 formation and also whoever had to play behind Cranson and May

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian said:

That's not a bad effort and whilst one could make an arguement for moving many up or down a level I think Grummit is the stand out one here who is way way too high...level 6 at best

obviously opinions will differ but grummitt was player  of the year in 1971 so think a lot rated him 

7 hours ago, hirstyno9 said:

This was awesome, I think Nigel Pearson got the other goal.

Has anyone got any video footage of this game?

there isn't any ......I believe the story goes that the company that video'd games back then got the kick off time wrong and didn't turn up .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

obviously opinions will differ but grummitt was player  of the year in 1971 so think a lot rated him 

So did Nsumu Nsudu one year but I don't think many would mention him in a list of greatest ever Wednesday forwards!

it probably says more for how bad the 1971 team was than how good Grummitt was

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1