Who is Sheffield Wednesday's greatest ever goalkeeper?

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Did you see him play?

Even in his own words, he had an unhappy time here. 

Was good at forest in his younger days.  

I thought grummitt was excellent and he won the player of the year in 71 so i'm not the only to think that  .....may have tailed off at the end but good none the less 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nail your colours to the mast and back ya man. Who in your opinion is Sheffield Wednesday's greatest goalkeeper of all time?

Big Bob. But Pressman prior to his major injury was brilliant. Chris Turner also. 

That's 3. All better than England's number 1 who later graced our goal line.

Three things for me:-

Best shot stopper I’ve seen was Scott Carson. Remember going to Crewe and we lost 3-0 and genuinely could have been about 7 or 8. Can thank Steve McClaren for fecking a promising career up.

Best overall keeper is Westwood that I’ve seen. Feel he has more to his game than Carson did when he was with us.

Thirdly, Iain Turner is Scottish to the guy from the first page.

FFS.

26 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Three things for me:-

Best shot stopper I’ve seen was Scott Carson. Remember going to Crewe and we lost 3-0 and genuinely could have been about 7 or 8. Can thank Steve McClaren for fecking a promising career up.

Best overall keeper is Westwood that I’ve seen. Feel he has more to his game than Carson did when he was with us.

Thirdly, Iain Turner is Scottish to the guy from the first page.

FFS.

Firstly to the cockney bloke on page 5....Steven Fletcher is English but it hasn't stopped him playing for Scotland 

FFS

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Firstly to the cockney bloke on page 5....Steven Fletcher is English but it hasn't stopped him playing for Scotland 

FFS

Flipping heck, you learn summat new every day. 

And not not a cockney, just worked down here for the last 18 months and dying to move back up that theer North.

FFS.

level 1 springett 

level 2 hodge , pressman , 

level 3 bolder,grummitt,westwood,grant 

level 4 woods,springett the younger ,Kirkland ,turner ,

level 5 weaver ,lucas ,fox ,srnicek ,McLaren 

level 6 ramsbottom, cox 

level 7  tidman

some like watling ,wicks, scothorn  wildsmith, dawson stringer ,burch havnt.didnt  really played enough and not included any loans ...overall I think weve had some pretty good keepers and very few bad ones 

30 minutes ago, torryowl said:

level 1 springett 

level 2 hodge , pressman , 

level 3 bolder,grummitt,westwood,grant 

level 4 woods,springett the younger ,Kirkland ,turner ,

level 5 weaver ,lucas ,fox ,srnicek ,McLaren 

level 6 ramsbottom, cox 

level 7  tidman

some like watling ,wicks, scothorn  wildsmith, dawson stringer ,burch havnt.didnt  really played enough and not included any loans ...overall I think weve had some pretty good keepers and very few bad ones 

That's not a bad effort and whilst one could make an arguement for moving many up or down a level I think Grummit is the stand out one here who is way way too high...level 6 at best

Definitely Ron Springett for me.  Not only brilliant "between the sticks" but he commanded his penalty area so well.  He would catch many a cross cleanly, but also could punch clear if he felt that he was under too much of a severe challenge to catch the ball safely.

The greatest in my time and I have been going to Hillsborough since 1965. (I think)!

• Love 1