Who is Sheffield Wednesday's greatest ever goalkeeper?

Not seen them all.  Jack brown is probably the most famous, alongside Ron Springett who was good. 

I'd say Springett, Hodge in his prime and Pressman in his prime were the best 3 I've seen.   

I'd have included Westwood but he's made a few boobs in the last 12 months, presumably due to that niggling back problem.  

36 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Ron Springett although in my time following the Owls I’d say Chris Woods.

Often criticised by owls for a couple of high profile mistakes but many forget the countless excellent performances he put in, an away defeat at Anfield springs to mind, he looked outstanding  that day.

In a time when competition for the England goal keeper jersey was far more fierce than it is now (Seaman, James, Lukic, Cotton, Martyn, Flowers, Walker, etc) he was considered England’s number 1 keeper for a period of a few seasons and even before coming to Hillsborough he was number 2 under Bobby Robson, second only to the great Peter Shilton.

An excellent goal keeper.

Woods was often critisised for a reason....he was sh*te for us.....never mind the high profile mistakes (and we aren't talking minor here we are taking through his legs against United in a season that could have cost us the league title and wobbly hands in the last minute of extra time in the cup final) but his lack of command of his area was staggering,,,,wouldn't dare leave his line

How you can say Woods when you must have seen (in my order of choice) Hodge, Pressman and Westwood to name but 3 is beyond me

And I'll throw another name in to the hat because for me when he was with us he was absolutely outstanding, great shot stopper, came for and took nearly every cross and totally commanded his area.....It's a crying shame what happened to him after he left us because I was convinced he would be playing in a top 4 Premiership side and for England for the rest of his career, not the sixth tier of English Football.....Iain Turner

• Like 2