Morgan Fox

We signed him to be an unspectacular but solid option and that’s what he’s developing into. Had a rough start, he looked almost at Elland Road last year, people seemed to think he was very poor against Fulham at Hillsborough last season too (I didn’t see that game).

As others have said, he almost played as a wing back today with Reach tucking in, especially in the first half. He gets through a lot of yards and had his positioning spot on. There’s a lot to like about a player who delivers a solid 7/10 every week, that was what Pudil was doing for us when he first joined.

Fox and Reach look strong down our left,both work hard and good going foreward,worked in tandem today.

I think Pudils stronger defensively,but,with more games theres no reason Fox cant get stronger.He had a decent game at Derby,was shocked how well he did to be fair,but he lost his man for the second goal,better in the air than Pudil,which isnt hard lol

I was going to post a topic about this actually.  I watched the Villa game back again and he was excellent I thought.  Composed on the ball and very adept at sensing danger and won lots of covering headers from balls coming in from Villa's left hand side.

As others have said, it is really important we have a decent left back for the balance of the team as Reach is wasted there

Fox puts in early crosses. His partner, Reach, loves to get to the bye-line. That's a really good combination, and very difficult to defend against.

Morgan had some really good games when he first joined, but did have a couple of horrors too. Lets be optimistic that those were blips, because his current form makes us a better team. 

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:09, Eastleigh Owl said:

Oh,OK. Can't see that being a problem though is it? Seems a decent lad anyway, i'd never crab someone up because they were welsh tbh>:manager:

he's about as welsh as Vinnie jones  ....he's an Essex boy 

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

Looks good to me.

Our fans don't like him because he came from the lower leagues / didn't cost 4 million and so can't be good.

Yes he will have some iffy games it's a big step up but I wish we wouldn't right players off straight away.

Before joining us he'd played 79 games in the Championship, as opposed to 31 at a lower level.

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

Looks good to me.

Our fans don't like him because he came from the lower leagues / didn't cost 4 million and so can't be good.

Yes he will have some iffy games it's a big step up but I wish we wouldn't right players off straight away.

Totally agree - a bit like Butterfield when we let Sam go the other way, players need a run of games to get match fitness and sharpness and then a proper judgement can be passed. We tend to have mass hysteria on here when an unknown/less known player is signed. We have to give them a chance which some on here never like doing and pass judgement after 1 game.

Been wanting Carlos to give him a real run in the side since he signed, was beginning to show glimpses of being a very capable fullback until he got injured last season. Better defencivly and arialy than most of our other fullbacks too.. OK he's not the quickest, but no carthorse either and looks to have the making of a good solid and dependable player at this level.