Aston Villa - V - The Wednesday OMDT

Like a pyramid of Ferraro Rochers it’s always pleasantly indulgent to read the OMDT.

greetings from a quite frankly wet and grim Auckland.

i have little hope for a result here. The only thing in our favour is it’s villas 3rd game in 6 days and we’ve had an extra days rest.

villa 2- 

owls 1- Rhodes

• Haha 1

Top information yet again, Snoots. I never knew that stuff about The Holte end. Every day a school day, eh?

I remember us doing the double over Villa back when Ford Zephyrs roamed the earth but we really don't seem to get much out of them in the post-woad era:laugh:

Here's hoping.

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Owls players 62/63 we won 2-0 Quinn & Layne L-R Young, Fantham ,Megson, Johnson and Springett. Below. Tinsel boobies.

Yes ..... agree totally JJ.

Quinny would have made me struggle ... just looks a bit tall on this .... but hair spot on.   Who is extreme right of photo .. ? On the bi-line ...right wing or right middle.  Is it Tom Mcinerny or Alan Finney .. the stance looks familiar.

Who could that be that almost hidden by Ron ... may have to refer to the team sheet.

wonderful photo m’Lud.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

How much bloody further Stubbs?  I'm getting nettled to buggery here and I can barely see a bloody thing......I know, I know needs must, but how far? ...I'm coming, I'm coming hang on...ARRRGH   ...for Gods sake man you might have held the branch it's sprung right into my facking eyes.....And diD you bring any food? ...What do you mean no? ...I'm bloody starving out here...3 days with nothing.....I can't even begin to tell you what I ate last night or the state it left me in......slow down...I can't see you.....Yes, well, we weren't all lucky enough to be in the SAS were we...some of us aren't used to skulking about like bloody criminals.....it's here you say?  Thank God...I can barely wait to get a nice warm bath and....Good God! You are  joking aren't you! 

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

FFS!

A 62 Micro Bus eh? 

More like a " Microbes" bus though now..

Think the chimney is a non standard item?

Mind you Snoots if you put this up for sale on Volks World I reckon it would fetch enough to buy a whole street of houses in Burnley lol

Great post as usual Milud...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Excellent OP as always. Very tough game today, we will need to be at our best from the very first minute. Would love 3 points, would take a draw but a defeat puts the pressure back on CC. 

Back on Carlos? Don’t think stumbling to a 2-1 win at home to Millwall took much pressure off him tbh mate. The failures against Sunderland, qpr, blades, Bolton, burton and Birmingham means we can’t afford to lose at Villa, one of the best teams in the league. That’s the kind of pressure we’ve put ourselves under now.

10 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Back on Carlos? Don’t think stumbling to a 2-1 win at home to Millwall took much pressure off him tbh mate. The failures against Sunderland, qpr, blades, Bolton, burton and Birmingham means we can’t afford to lose at Villa, one of the best teams in the league. That’s the kind of pressure we’ve put ourselves under now.

Very good point. Under normal circumstances a draw at Villa would be a very good result but like you say because of our poor season so far we could really do with a win. 

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very good point. Under normal circumstances a draw at Villa would be a very good result but like you say because of our poor season so far we could really do with a win. 

Hopefully we can smash and grab our way to one but it’ll have to be a perfect away performance like Newcastle on Boxing Day. We’re capable of it but it’s gonna be tough. Huge game this though, a win puts us right back in the mix and might just give the whole club that lift it needs, lose and I just can’t see a way into the top 6 for us. 

22 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I can't predict the result but got a strong feeling we will be 2 - 0 up during the first half. Can't work out how to bet this.

In our first season in the top flight under Wilko I walked into a bookies before setting off to Anfield. I had this ludicrous conviction we were going to win 2-0 away to the best side in Europe, despite not having won away upon that early stage of the season.

Gave myself a stiff talking to, threw the slip away and put the money back in my pocket.

Varadi, Shelton, and our MOM Grobbelar conspired to make me rue the decision, but still one of my top 3 days as a Wednesday fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1