Aston Villa - V - The Wednesday OMDT

Great OMDT M'Lud.  I was hoping for something a bit more sleep-inducing but your whistle stop tour through the events of the week and then sudden u-turn into a pleasant quiet garden were far from that.  And the statistics of Villa's success against us could be enough to keep me awake all night.I'm off to my comfy bed now, and hope you get a good night sleep in your new accommodation!

Tomorrow is a new day, with the opportunity for a glorious victory for the Owls.  I think we can do it.

Nicely done Snoots old stick.

I like Villa as a concept, but mildly detest them as an entity. 

I would like Sheffield Wednesday to give them a thick ear in tomorrow’s sports match.

Sort of hope Grealish plays because he’s loathsome and tedious, yet always seems to stay one scabby recent goal proud of being outed as such. Our stout fellows will tolerate no such nincompoopery, hastening his inexorable demise I trust.

Indeed, Bannan will show the preening ninny precisely how low-slung it’s acceptable to wear one’s socks - and not one millimetre lower! - while also showing him his wee Scottish derrière as he scampers merrily betwixt the braying rank and file of the shrugging, shark-eyed mercenaries in Villa’s Lynx Java-wearing Orc army.

Truly a base and motley rabble, those Villans, who - it seems to me - of late always look like they just happen to be wearing claret and blue this season, without ever really appearing to know or care quite why. Top arseholes, to a man.

2-3 to The Wednesday.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is one of those games that's difficult to call ......it could  be  4-0 to them or we could  dig in and it end up 2-0 . we may even play really well and only get beat 1-0 .......but i'm going for the lucky disputed" never a pen ref and why you sending terry off  I know it was a foul but it was down by the corner flag and the only place hooper was going was for a pie " moments where summat finally goes our way .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hello Chums,

What a week!

Wednesday beat Millwall -  Jordan Rhodes is hero of the hour.  The third strip was going to be worn this weekend, then it wasn't, now it'll be the home kit, which will be given away afterwards, which might not be wise seeing we're running out of them.    The Chairman has sent out an official but unofficial 40,000 worded reply to a question that no one is sure has been asked, and in part sort of apologised without saying sorry ("sorry, not sorry" - i think the youngsters say) to a twitter supporter who it later transpires is actually a fictional character from an Ian Rankin novel. Adam Reach (How much?!) has won player of the month.  Sam Winnall has become the greatest centre forward in the history of the club in 90 minutes - whilst not at the club but playing for Derby,  Alan Biggs has backed us for a win, The Pigs have started collinding  and Finlux has been banned to the Phantom zone!

No automatic alt text available.

Phew! You got all that?

I told you it had been some week.

Right then. Now you're all up to date....

Aston Villa  - V - The Wednesday

No automatic alt text available.

I quite like the Villa.  Well. I don't really. I don't even know much about them. I just like their name. It's a proper football name. Aston Villa. 

Proper ground too, Villa Park. 

Villa Parks Holte End was actually built in what used to be the kitchen garden of Aston Hall which was owned by Sir Thomas Holte.

I do love a kitchen Garden. They're an absolute picture of England aren't they?

wimpole4.jpg

Mine isn't though. It was of course.  Until I appointed Big Guns as gardener 4 years ago it's gone to ruin. The Blaggard only turned up for one day and the next he was gone , and so was all the gardening equipment. Never seen him since!

Anyway. I digress.

Villa were many peoples favourites for promotion having spent lots of money, having the most promoted Championship manager in the game and signing one of Englands best centre halves of the past 30 years. Their season got off to a slow burn though with early defeats to Cardiff and Reading. 

Typically though they are coming into form just as we appear on the calendar.

With just 1 defeat in the last six .

Captained of course by one of the most famous Leaders of all time.  

yalta-paddy-taylor_2226576k.jpg

All season we have been begging for our players to put more crosses into the box. Ironically now we come up against a team with two of the best headers of the ball in the division. So if we are going to cross...it might be time to start drilling them in hard and low.

To that end I think Morgan Fox deserves to retain his spot!

giphy.gif

Right. Now have a stiff drink chaps. Because here come the bad stats..

• ·         Aston Villa have won all five home meetings with the Owls in the second tier, winning 2-0 at Villa Park last season.
  • ·         Wednesday have lost six of their last seven league matches against Villa, winning the other on the opening day of last season.
  • ·         Bruce has won 8 of his 12 games against us
  • ·         Kodjia has scored three goals in his last two league matches against us..

I told you, you'd need a drink!

Still. I'm in positive mood.  Yes, perhaps it is the remaining toxins from the hallucinogenic fungus I scraped off the lodge wall for my supper last night. 

But I just have this feeling that we will get a result. 

Just like we did in 1963

Random subliminal Stripes shot No 4

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport and outdoor

Anyway. Must dash. Doing a moonlight flit. It seems my screams last night whilst  on my horrific trip alerted her Ladyship. My man Stubbs warned me that she has got the local constabulary coming down tonight as she thinks that thieves are planning something and that the lodge maybe raided.

He says he's got me somewhere to go.  Hopefully somewhere warm. And cosy. With heating and a good selection of food and drink. 

Toodle-Pip

UP THE OWLS

59d0ee104f5cb_jf3fpGq(1).jpg.2a99f084455d08815186940724d2fc94.jpg

Owls players 62/63 we won 2-0 Quinn & Layne L-R Young, Fantham ,Megson, Johnson and Springett. Below. Tinsel boobies.

• Like 1