Aston Villa - V - The Wednesday OMDT

Tell Terry that one of the players wives wants to see him in the dressing room after 10 minutes. He'll get himself red carded so he can keep the assignation and that's job done. 2 nil to us.

Sometimes you've got to think outside the box to gain an advantage.

• Haha 1

I can't help but recall last seasons Newcastle away game where we just produced the best performance for bloody ages and showed them who's boss.

So predicting the same today and a 0-1 to The Wednesday with Old Faithful Kierum Lee scoring the winner.

And Snoots, give the camper a chance, it could be a den of luxury and comfort when you get inside....

Had this down as a defeat at the start of the season. I based this on believing A. Villa would do a Newcastle this term and go up autos. Therefore, a draw would be a bonus.

Come on Wednesday - put in a performance fit for the loyal fans there today, and don't concede in the first 10mins to effectively sober everyone up.

Quality omdt as per. Proper laugh, again. Our most prolific striker plays for Derby! :biggrin: Have to agree about good traditional club. Old school big ground, unique name & good history. Like us in so many ways. Still wanna wup their brummy asses though.

Got any of those gate lodge mushrooms for sale mi lord? I've heard tell your a funghi to be with after those......

0-4 to us. UTO!

A very good morning to you all, especially mi’lud who starts the match day off just as it should be.  I’m delighted to say I’ll be in attendance today, my train is currently hammering through the border country. A very pleasant ride to set up what’s hopefully a great day.

Have to admit, the Barnsley game left me rather depressed and uninspired for today, but when it comes to Wednesday I don’t need much of an excuse to get excited. That win on Tuesday and a much needed goal for Rhodes has got me looking forward to my first trip to Villa Park.

Villa may have what may generously be referred to as a squad of elder statesmen, but Bruce is attempting to infuse a bit of youth in there so they’ll present a big challenge. Keeping the danger men up front will be quiet, as Kodjia, Hogan and Davis are all bloody dangerous.

Our dire away form and equally dismal record against Bruce don’t help, but I’m still oddly optimistic for today. At the end of the day, we are still a good side with plenty of quality in the team, so pure regression to the mean should see us pick up some wins. We know how to put in the perfect away team performance, Newcastle last season in particular was a fantastic occasion that I’d love to see repeated.

Let’s get behind the team ladies and gents, with free license to moan once I’ve finished jinxing the them and we’ve suffered an inevitable 3-0 defeat. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Villa 0-1 Wednesday 

(Rhodes 50)

4 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Top information yet again, Snoots. I never knew that stuff about The Holte end. Every day a school day, eh?

I remember us doing the double over Villa back when Ford Zephyrs roamed the earth but we really don't seem to get much out of them in the post-woad era:laugh:

Here's hoping.

Now there was a splendid vehicle.  Front bench seat, column change gearbox and a beautiful shape. 

• Like 1

Expect semi-meltdown on here at 2pm when Rhodes is left on the bench, Carlos chants on 80mins and full meltdown after the match.

But hoping for Rhodes to start, score a hat trick in the first haf and Big Rons Ring Piece to be telling us doubters how clueless we are all night.

5-0 Wednesday.

• Haha 2