Idea for the Sheffield Wednesday Megastore - would you buy this?

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

4af936c7ba43442badb227ecb00fb413.png

Some of you may already be familiar with Loot Crate subscription boxes.

Basically you sign up and every month you get a box (crate) delivered to your home with surprise bits and pieces in there with a value of way more than your subscription payment.

So for example you'd get a limited edition t-shirt, a beanie, a backpack, some books, posters, headphones etc etc etc

Now have a look at the above photo that I've posted - if all that was Sheffield Wednesday related instead of the Call Of Duty and was great quality that's surely got to be worth stocking and sending out right?

If I was a young fan of the club and something like that dropped into my lap each month I'd be well happy.

Done right it'd sell via word of mouth. It'd need to be good quality and classy to work, but done right it'd do really well I reckon - either as a monthly subscription thing, or just once or twice a year (maybe end of season or start of season and then one at Christmas?)

Are you kidding. I couldn't even buy our youngun a Wednesday rucksack for school which beggers belief to me. So I can't imagine what that there would be in this

Perhaps it could kick off with a huge first aid box.

Seriously though, I do wonder whether this is how companies get rid of the tat they can't otherwise shift. Stuff that looks aesthetically harmonious bundled together, but naff on closer inspection. Y'know, a bit like the Spice Girls. I'd rather pick and choose my money for what I want. What I really, really want.

I do agree adding signed stuff would add value, mind.

On 30/10/2017 at 11:32, @owlstalk said:

Exactly yeah

Exclusive and limited edition stuff packed boxes with signed stuff too - that'd sell, excite the younger fans, be a talking point, and win over some cynics of the megastore/retail dept

Bit small to fit any players in if this is meant to be a subtle ploy to offload some before next season starts 

I think something like this would be great but monthly would be too much. There is only so much football stuff you can produce after all. 

If it was done quarterly I think that would be much more reasonable. 

August: home shirt, mug and magazine detailing pre season with interviews and whatnot. 

November: copy of match programmes from home and away games. Swfc scarf and beanie now that winter is approaching. 

February: transfer window has closed so another magazine detailing season so far with interviews and stuff. Match programmes again

May: season over. Copy of season review dvd. Match programmes. Magazine reviewing season. Swfc training top. 

£240 (£20pcm) and I would do it. 

On 30/10/2017 at 11:18, @owlstalk said:

Crate.jpg.f8299ff45a0d95923e2341502e751d04.jpg

Football.jpg.df5f499c8165e698a9dc4901b24a56c4.jpg

4af936c7ba43442badb227ecb00fb413.png

Some of you may already be familiar with Loot Crate subscription boxes.

Basically you sign up and every month you get a box (crate) delivered to your home with surprise bits and pieces in there with a value of way more than your subscription payment.

So for example you'd get a limited edition t-shirt, a beanie, a backpack, some books, posters, headphones etc etc etc

Now have a look at the above photo that I've posted - if all that was Sheffield Wednesday related instead of the Call Of Duty and was great quality that's surely got to be worth stocking and sending out right?

If I was a young fan of the club and something like that dropped into my lap each month I'd be well happy.

Done right it'd sell via word of mouth. It'd need to be good quality and classy to work, but done right it'd do really well I reckon - either as a monthly subscription thing, or just once or twice a year (maybe end of season or start of season and then one at Christmas?)

Wouldn't trust the club not send me a load of shiite.

First crate would have an Ola Tidman mug, a 2002 Calendar, 2 play off final t-shirts in extra small, a DC face mask, a Carlos wig, a guess who Urby is quiz game, and an anniversary season promotion car sticker.

lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wouldn't trust the club not send me a load of shiite.

First crate would have an Ola Tidman mug, a 2002 Calendar, 2 play off final t-shirts in extra small, a DC face mask, a Carlos wig, a guess who Urby is quiz game, and an anniversary season promotion car sticker.

lol

As they say over the pond 

"Bases Loaded" 

Pretty much covered there mate..

Only thing missing is a "De Bilde" 

Doberman joke turd (for leaving on paul Jewells car seat )

lol

• Haha 1

Idea I've had for a while.......

There isn't much in the club shop to appeal to lots of young kids. Parents want items which can engage kids and be educational how about SWFC colouring/ activity books.......

There are tools available which can turn images into colouring book themed pic. Kids can then colour them in of their favourite players (as per style of pics), add pages with

plain kits with just a badge/Chansiri sponsor so kids can design their own kit. Add pages with the ground, badge, football boots, balls to colour in etc.

Also have a some pages with dotted or faint lines for each player's name so kids can write over the dots/faint lines to practice their writing.

Could even add a few maths pages with a few different age group puzzles. 

Did something similar with my son on Saturday afternoon but made a couple of cards and it was good way to engage home with practicing his writing/ colouring. 

20190727_214607.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/10/2017 at 19:16, @owlstalk said:

Yankees_Group_Badge_3.jpg||

Here's the lastest New York Yankees one inc T-shirt, scarf, Cap, Insulated mug, signed ball, badges etc

Wicked - it's quality innit

I'd buy it

How much would you pay for it on a regular basis ?

I think one targeted at Adults is a far too niche market. 

I can see why a kids one could work but it has to be priced as a subscription that would be an affordable surprise gift. 

Adding value with things that cost a little but mean a lot, Signed items, training ground visits etc  could help. 

How about an annual one that is sold  as part of a package with a kids season ticket.