Idea for the Sheffield Wednesday Megastore - would you buy this?

2 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Could be a really good idea, if priced correctly.

I subscribe to two monthly subscription boxes (female ones, make up and skin care etc) Didn't realise you could get ones that are aimed at Nerds

:biggrin:

Stranger Things.jpg

Yeah they're massive and sell millions each month

One of the latest crates for nerdies is the Stranger Things one this month

Owlstalk Shop

Tbf I understand the appeal .

Could work as long as the items were not duplicated and not too costly although I guess with all current subscription type boxes they are sold in the thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) to make them profitable.

The ones I get will All receive freebies from the cosmetics industry - mini sample for you to try and they hope you will start to purchase in the future.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

4af936c7ba43442badb227ecb00fb413.png

Some of you may already be familiar with Loot Crate subscription boxes.

Basically you sign up and every month you get a box (crate) delivered to your home with surprise bits and pieces in there with a value of way more than your subscription payment.

So for example you'd get a limited edition t-shirt, a beanie, a backpack, some books, posters, headphones etc etc etc

Now have a look at the above photo that I've posted - if all that was Sheffield Wednesday related instead of the Call Of Duty and was great quality that's surely got to be worth stocking and sending out right?

If I was a young fan of the club and something like that dropped into my lap each month I'd be well happy.

Done right it'd sell via word of mouth. It'd need to be good quality and classy to work, but done right it'd do really well I reckon - either as a monthly subscription thing, or just once or twice a year (maybe end of season or start of season and then one at Christmas?)

Doesi t come with a free play off final t-shirt ?

3 hours ago, owlmanc said:

Can you imagine things being delivered on time? For that reason I'm out 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Could do a 'history' one too with more classic and historical stuff inside it

Problem solved!

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yankees_Group_Badge_3.jpg||

Here's the lastest New York Yankees one inc T-shirt, scarf, Cap, Insulated mug, signed ball, badges etc

Wicked - it's quality innit

I'd buy it

Looks good but stick an Owl on any of that and the moaners would go mental and call it tat

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

I can understand the idea behind this and obviously targeted at younger members. As long as not used to get rid of rubbish stock coyuld see it being fun.

Not certain if you could do an adult version. Some on here would be more able at this than me but could include things such as fluffy handcufffs edible underwear, masks, and ball gags. If box had a surprise element could put interest back into many lives but may impact on attendances but if club making money they would be happy.

19 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Looks good but stick an Owl on any of that and the moaners would go mental and call it tat

Disagree if the quality is good and the design credible

Usually the merch we get offered is a massive huge badge in a crazy shade of blue on an item that looks like it's from Skeggy market

Keep it classy and it's a winner

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

4af936c7ba43442badb227ecb00fb413.png

Some of you may already be familiar with Loot Crate subscription boxes.

Basically you sign up and every month you get a box (crate) delivered to your home with surprise bits and pieces in there with a value of way more than your subscription payment.

So for example you'd get a limited edition t-shirt, a beanie, a backpack, some books, posters, headphones etc etc etc

Now have a look at the above photo that I've posted - if all that was Sheffield Wednesday related instead of the Call Of Duty and was great quality that's surely got to be worth stocking and sending out right?

If I was a young fan of the club and something like that dropped into my lap each month I'd be well happy.

Done right it'd sell via word of mouth. It'd need to be good quality and classy to work, but done right it'd do really well I reckon - either as a monthly subscription thing, or just once or twice a year (maybe end of season or start of season and then one at Christmas?)

My son used to get them until he stopped working. Great idea if it was done right.

For years Baseball have been doing something similar. Bobble head figures of players, Backpacks. Hats BB caps gloves scarves towels etc etc. Mostly supplied by sponsors so at no cost to the team presumably. Toronto blue jays usually capped it at the first 20k fans in the ground.

7 hours ago, darra said:

For years Baseball have been doing something similar. Bobble head figures of players, Backpacks. Hats BB caps gloves scarves towels etc etc. Mostly supplied by sponsors so at no cost to the team presumably. Toronto blue jays usually capped it at the first 20k fans in the ground.

Encouraging fans to get there early?

Next you will be telling us they served them edible food and decent beer.

Be gone with these fables!!

They are great ideas. I saw them advertised for all sorts of stuff in New York recently. It is way more than just sports teams.

It would be a fantastic thing for a club to do, say every 3 months or so. Imagine getting a box at the start of the season with a t shirt and a jumper, a scarf and hat ready for the winter, a book with info and facts on players for the coming season and some of these bad boys of the new players. You could also throw in all sorts like coasters, a mouse mat with the season fixtures on, mugs, ties etc for the family.  

images.jpg

It is the sort of thing I would sign up for even though I'm not a kid.

However, you just know what it would be like if the club were left to organise it. A total shambles. 

Edited by Orlando_Trustful