Idea for the Sheffield Wednesday Megastore - would you buy this?

Crate.jpg.f8299ff45a0d95923e2341502e751d04.jpg

Football.jpg.df5f499c8165e698a9dc4901b24a56c4.jpg

4af936c7ba43442badb227ecb00fb413.png

Some of you may already be familiar with Loot Crate subscription boxes.

Basically you sign up and every month you get a box (crate) delivered to your home with surprise bits and pieces in there with a value of way more than your subscription payment.

So for example you'd get a limited edition t-shirt, a beanie, a backpack, some books, posters, headphones etc etc etc

Now have a look at the above photo that I've posted - if all that was Sheffield Wednesday related instead of the Call Of Duty and was great quality that's surely got to be worth stocking and sending out right?

If I was a young fan of the club and something like that dropped into my lap each month I'd be well happy.

Done right it'd sell via word of mouth. It'd need to be good quality and classy to work, but done right it'd do really well I reckon - either as a monthly subscription thing, or just once or twice a year (maybe end of season or start of season and then one at Christmas?)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

How much?

The club could set it at whatever it wants to depending on the level of stuff they were going to put in the boxes.

PS - you pay for them up front without ever knowing what's going to be inside them which is great and exciting as you never know what you're going to get!

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

4af936c7ba43442badb227ecb00fb413.png

Some of you may already be familiar with Loot Crate subscription boxes.

Basically you sign up and every month you get a box (crate) delivered to your home with surprise bits and pieces in there with a value of way more than your subscription payment.

So for example you'd get a limited edition t-shirt, a beanie, a backpack, some books, posters, headphones etc etc etc

Now have a look at the above photo that I've posted - if all that was Sheffield Wednesday related instead of the Call Of Duty and was great quality that's surely got to be worth stocking and sending out right?

If I was a young fan of the club and something like that dropped into my lap each month I'd be well happy.

Done right it'd sell via word of mouth. It'd need to be good quality and classy to work, but done right it'd do really well I reckon - either as a monthly subscription thing, or just once or twice a year (maybe end of season or start of season and then one at Christmas?)

I reckon if it was done right and aimed at mainly the younger fans it could be popular. But the quality and price would certainly need to be reasonable. 

Maybe add some limited edition stuff in there... not incorrectly printed photos or watches though lol 

• Haha 1

My son might like that. He likes his Call of Duty. 

He had the right monk on the other night though when I survived Jason on Friday the 13th and he got slaughtered. As I pointed out to him, he's just rubbish when it comes to PS4. Cost him a quid too. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, robowl4life said:

I reckon if it was done right and aimed at mainly the younger fans it could be popular. But the quality and price would certainly need to be reasonable. 

Maybe add some limited edition stuff in there... not incorrectly printed photos or watches though lol 

Yeah forgot to mention it's all limited edition stuff in this kind of thing

One off t-shirt designs, books etc 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

Not for me I'd rather just buy what I want. 

This idea isn't for everyone but is absolutely massive in the states and now over here.

The idea of getting a mystery surprise box of ltd edition merch is brill for many people out there who like the idea of it (or who have seen the stuff in the boxes that have gone out before)

The idea would be to make them so brilliant that word of mouth convinces everyone to subscribe to them

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

This idea isn't for everyone but is absolutely massive in the states and now over here.

The idea of getting a mystery surprise box of ltd edition merch is brill for many people out there who like the idea of it (or who have seen the stuff in the boxes that have gone out before)

Im sure kids would love it.  Wasted on me I don't wear hoodies or hats or rucksacks.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah forgot to mention it's all limited edition stuff in this kind of thing

One off t-shirt designs, books etc 

Could maybe do a few player signed things too, reckon that could be a good selling point. Like those postcards you used to get as a kid and have them signed, I'm sure I had about 4 of Kevin Pressman for some reason. 

Every month might be a bit much but maybe every 3 months? So you're getting 4 crates throughout the year. 

Could also tailor it around a fans age range (kids and adults packages)? 

Just now, robowl4life said:

Could maybe do a few player signed things too, reckon that could be a good selling point. Like those postcards you used to get as a kid and have them signed, I'm sure I had about 4 of Kevin Pressman for some reason. 

Every month might be a bit much but maybe every 3 months? So you're getting 4 crates throughout the year. 

Could also tailor it around a fans age range (kids and adults packages)? 

Exactly yeah

Exclusive and limited edition stuff packed boxes with signed stuff too - that'd sell, excite the younger fans, be a talking point, and win over some cynics of the megastore/retail dept

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly yeah

Exclusive and limited edition stuff packed boxes with signed stuff too - that'd sell, excite the younger fans, be a talking point, and win over some cynics of the megastore/retail dept

Just to let you know, if this takes off I will require 50% of each crate sold for my ideas/contribution...

:stuwinky: