Is Carlos Carvalhal really so hard to replace?

Guest Deleted member

One would have thought that the whole point in having a "Head Coach" rather than a "Manager", is so they can be replaced easily without upsetting the structure of the club.

So why has CC been given more leeway than plenty of Managers? 

Why hasn't he been quickly replaced by a different man to fit into the management structure?

Why? Because we haven't bloody got one!! Who is in charge of recruitment? Who is in charge of managing the wage bill? We don't know and I think sometimes that no one at the club does either.

I think the whole thing is a mess.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Id take Bullen right now

2 of our wins have come with CC banished to the stand

Agreed with your OP. However can't agree with this. We need a total clear out with a new approach and mentality. Its not just a question of tactics. For me the players do not look up to the fitness standards required and even though we do not have access to what happens in training its also plainly obvious we have no inginuity or imagination when taking free kicks and corners. New ideas also required.

The thing with CC is he hasn't addressed the key areas of team/player position weakness. Some say this isn't his fault as he doesn't sign the players. I'm not sure about this, as most of the players we've acquired over the 24 months have roughly been the same - see Boyd for Wallace. He plays in a certain way, and the players seem to fit this.

Even if it he doesn't agree with all the signings why continue to work for the club and manage the team - surely his self respect and integrity would mean he would walk, particularly as he says he's been offered other championship jobs.

I know it's a load of fun suggesting a potential new coach for our beloved club just now but not ideal or wanted circumstances leading us to be thinking this way but let's be honest here on past form i doubt any of them will be the candidate for the job as our owner will have someone in mind already i would have thought and it might not be a pretty choice for us fans going on his past choices ie: Mark Cooper, then Carlos

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Backed him and backed him...but the last month has convinced me that he isn’t going to turn this around. 

That's because the dissenters have won - they come on here flouncing and trying to influence peoples' opinions. The media catch on and join in and the whole thing snowballs. I don't have a problem with that, that's life. I expect CC to get the bullet this week and probably tomorrow, even though we're only 4 points off the play-offs. The issue now is how long does the adjustment period take, bare in mind a new manager can't sign players until January anyway, and how do we gaurantee a new manager will improve our situation?

9 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

That's because the dissenters have won - they come on here flouncing and trying to influence peoples' opinions. The media catch on and join in and the whole thing snowballs. I don't have a problem with that, that's life. I expect CC to get the bullet this week and probably tomorrow, even though we're only 4 points off the play-offs. The issue now is how long does the adjustment period take, bare in mind a new manager can't sign players until January anyway, and how do we gaurantee a new manager will improve our situation?

Ask yourself a question.

If Carlos is such a good manager, and doing such a great job, why has no other team expressed an interest in him?

Amazing that no parachute payment team snapped him up, or bottom 6 EPL team?

Even Laws was courted by Burnley.

Let that settle in your head for a bit before you answer.

Edited by pussface

Said it before and i'll say it again.

Giggs!

Would play attacking football and go for it in games, something I think our squad is suited to.

Would bring a good mentality and get that into the squad.

Learnt under the best ever manager.

Lots of experience at the highest level.

Players would instantly respect him.

Players would join us to play under him.

Would be a massive PR plus to get him as his first managerial job.

Granted no Championship experience but I'd much rather give Giggs ago then Karanka, Moyes and Lambert!

Everyone’s replaceable, timing is the key. Anyone with any sense would want a pre-season and a fresh start, it’s a less attractive proposition a quarter of the way in. Also, I think people forget all the concessions CC makes in terms of the way DC works. That’s going to have to change if we’re to attract a next level coach.

13 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

We are 12th in the league and 10 points away from the top, saying we are only 4 points from the top six makes it sound like we are closer then we are. We finished last season just 7 points from automatic promotion but for the whole season most of us would admit we were never in contention to challenge Brighton or Newcastle.

What I’m trying to get is that the team is not playing well, the consistency is not there, the expectation from everyone (fans, Carvahal, the team itself) is/was autos. We are 12 games in now and already falling away. Fans have a right to be disappointed. It’s not flouncing it’s sad realisation that this season is becoming a dead rubber. 

14 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Said it before and i'll say it again.

Giggs!

Would play attacking football and go for it in games, something I think our squad is suited to.

Would bring a good mentality and get that into the squad.

Learnt under the best ever manager.

Lots of experience at the highest level.

Players would instantly respect him.

Players would join us to play under him.

Would be a massive PR plus to get him as his first managerial job.

Granted no Championship experience but I'd much rather give Giggs ago then Karanka, Moyes and Lambert!

Giggs has been in the market for a managerial job for around 5 years, with a playing CV that is unrivalled. He still hasn't got a job. Is suspect the main reasons could be his personality, attitude and actual communication skills. Which are all awful. 

I wouldn't touch the bloke with a barge pole. I think he's a wrong un. 

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

In all honesty I'd back 90% of football league managers to get more out of this squad than CC

Probably a tad harsh but, there's a lot of dross out there. There must also be that gem we so desperately need to get back on track, thats why DC needs someone with some nous about them to advise. I don't even know who is on our books who is experienced in football matters. They seem to have all jumped ship.