Is Carlos Carvalhal really so hard to replace?

Guest Deleted member

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'd take either of them tomorrow- just because they wouldn't stand for any crap and if nothing else would give a clearer picture (one way or another) of what kind of profile the manager must fit.

McClaren has been a disaster in almost every role he's had.

Are we suggesting just taking on anyone to get rid of Carlos?

As I have said earlier

"Surely we should approach Big Sam if he wants the job give it him."he as turned Scotland down.

If not I don't know what is the best solution is, surely not keep Carlos<even though he as been great for us but he as taken us as far as he can>,MM, Pardew, Karanka, ect

McClaren, No, never, don't even think it.

Megson, I agree he has unfinished business here and he is Wednesday to the core but some of the football was tedious , effective at times and at others just made your eyes bleed.

We really need to sort out the recruitment, it has been dreadful since the beginning of last year. Get that sorted and freshen up the team AND PLAY THE NEW RECRUITS.

Managers I'd be OK with

Stuart Gray, did well with no money, I think he could get something from this squad. Maybe it would be pragmatic football but he can get the best from his resources. It won't happen DC isn't going to admit he got it wrong

Heckingbottom, got to be in with a shout, done well at Barnsley. It would be worth it just to hear the outrage from their fans. Can he step up? No reason why not, he's proving himself at this level.

My personal favourite would be CC, the one we had in the first season, Attack minded, pressing football, very exciting games. It won't happen, he's a different man now. Why do they all go this way and end up worrying about losing rather than winning.

Moyes, I know a lot don't want him but this guy was head hunted by Manchester United, he was at Everton and did a good job there. Probably end up as Scotland manager.

Big Sam, could happen, wouldn't say no to him.

7 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Just about sums up the mentality of some of the fans on here...so upset about the pigs that they'd have anyone in...what a joke

Yes because that's the only reason I want rid of Carlos. 

I wanted him gone December last year and somehow after two bottled play off games and a shocking start to this season- the man is still getting paid by the club. 

13 hours ago, alanharper said:

Remember when Dave Jones was losing the plot, and he was saying who else are you going to get, a new manager would only have the same tools to work with etc.?

And then when he got sacked, Stuart Gray had the same bunch of players but tweaked the tactics, got them playing as a team and turned things around?

Turner - Sturrock

1 hour ago, NYCOWL said:

I don't understand what's going on.

The chairmans current inaction says "I'm comfortable with mediocrity"

That doesn't seem like him.

My view is because DC is new to the football world he is blinded by loyalty to Carlos . But at the end of the day , DC has invested a hell of a lot of money into the club ,and if it all goes pear shaped he stands to lose a fortune. 

12 hours ago, Grandad said:

Walked out of that on 65 minutes, totally ashamed of the team and club

Arrived home and my season ticket was on the doormat. 

Sunday post, gosh you're posh

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It could and all it would take is for DC to pull the trigger on Carlos and appoint a MANAGER, not a head coach a MANAGER.

A head coach can work as long as we put in a credible structure befitting of a fine club like ours. Until we do either though we'll just be rearranging the deckchairs

9 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

A head coach can work as long as we put in a credible structure befitting of a fine club like ours. Until we do either though we'll just be rearranging the deckchairs

I'd like to believe DC isn't getting the best advice and that there is nothing more to it than that.

Guest Deleted member
5 hours ago, Ash76 said:

I'd stayed at the Mrs's house since the Friday night

Bless ya x

Alan Pardew. Karanka. Poyet. Allardyce. Dean Smith. Lee Johnson. Paul Heckingbottom. Paul Cook. Just anybody who wont give a Birmingham side their first win in 6 games. Just anybody who wont give Bolton their first goals in 9 games and their first win of the season. Just anybody who wont label the Sheffield derby just another game. Just anybody who will make the most of one of the most talented squads in the league. The season is far from over, but the longer this clown stays in charge the more points will disappear and the bigger the gap will become.