Is Carlos Carvalhal really so hard to replace?

Guest Deleted member

As much as I liked Bullen as a player for us I hope we don't give him the managers job on a full time basis. I really think we need someone with experience of the English league, someone that knows how to get out of this league. Give him it on a caretaker basis for a week or 2 but then get someone else in. Like I've said several times though I don't expect DC to sack CC. 

It's the mindset for me. We have a squad comparable with the better teams in this league and as has been said we need to shift from setting out not to lose, to setting out to win.

This is endemic in our keep it tight first half philosophy, we see when our backs are against a wall and we have to go out and win that we are capable, Forest and Leeds for example.

This is the major change in Carlos, season one we had nothing to lose and went out looking to win games. When it mattered v Hull we became scared of losing and this mentality has continued.

Edited by striker

The man should have gone in the summer. It was clear to see.

This season is over because of failure to act after Huddersfield. A new manager won't make much of a difference now in my opinion.

I've lost interest in this season now. It's gone. As for that continued improvement under CC we'll be lucky to finish top half under his management.

44 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I would take pretty much anyone to try and revive this season. McCarthy, Pardew, Strachan, Moyes etc

We are going nowhere under CC. 

McCarthy yes, Pardew maybe, Strachan no, Moyes definitely not.

Change desparately needed but not just any old manager with a record of failure.

Just do it right next time Mr C.

Hes not hard to replace its just Chansiri probably doesnt realise the damage hes doing and is probably blind to it. 

His replacement is quite easy....

Any manager who plays to these players strengths and attacks teams and lets the players express themselves.

They will be successful because it's one of the best squads in this division. 

For me there has to be a change before it's too late and the Fulham manager would be my preference but also like smith and heckingbottom but lee Johnson doing a great job at Bristol and Paul hurst really doing well at Shrewsbury so there is plenty of good options out there 

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

It was rumour in the tabloids, Also thought to have wanted control of recruitment. Manager not Head Coach.

Which is exactly why I'd be delighted with this kind of appointment- someone that's prepared to tell DC to keep his nose out of team affairs if necessary.