Is Carlos Carvalhal really so hard to replace?

Guest Deleted member

what about the financial implications, ffp, has dc got the money?

54 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Pearson

Pardew

Jokanovic (Fulham)

Dare I say it...Steve Evans, he would get us going that is for sure.

managers dont neccessarily need to be out of work to be approached!!  We are an attractive proposition these days.

think outside the box!! 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I've supported Carlos so much for the majority of the last few seasons. Fell out with him after Barnsley away last season, he got me back onside by turning it round to qualify for the play offs (Hooper'sreturn a major factor) but I was massively pee'd off with how he set us up for the Huddersfield games. A 15 yr old rookie keeper away leg and not a shot on goal, and then the home debacle. The substitutions. And then following the game pointing the finger at Rhodes...

And then to this year, the dreadful dreadful games, Preston. Forestieri mismanagement, giving the impression that he'd refused to pay left wing when that wasn't true. The way we played against Utd. The Birmingham away game where he claimed we played well. And to yesterday.

The fans are now calling for his head. And still people say but yes, who could we get that's better?

Carlos had been a manager 20 years. His entire successes/honours have been

Manager

Leixões

Taça de Portugal: Runner-up 2001–02

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: Runner-up 2002

Setúbal

Taça da Liga: 2007–08

That's it. Do we really think we can't attract a manager that knows what it means to win something? Someone with a promotion on his record?

At the moment we have a chance to rescue our season. Sadly we are fiddling while Rome is burning

Said this plenty of times on here, Carlos should have gone after the Leeds and Brentford losses last season.  It was only that run to fourth place that gave him some leeway with me but not much

Then the huddersfield games came and went and at that point he should have been fired.  I was fuming after the pathetic dross that was served up for one of the clubs biggest games of its life.

I just didn’t get last season at all, it was like we struggled to get to fourth place when it was completely unnecessary as the shackles always seemed to be on or we refused to move from third/fourth gear to fifth on a motorway.  If we genuinely applied ourselves last season we could have gotten automatic but didn’t (because of that refusal to put the boot on the throat of each opposition team) and here we are.

Sorry Carlos but your time was up with me a long time ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Libertine said:

Pearson just taken a new job in Belgium and has said he’d never manage Wednesday, that’s why people are ruling him out. 

I have a feeling he'd change that view if he thought the environment would be to his suiting.

Im not 100% sold on him but he does tick most boxes.

This would be an appointment that might just signal that Chansiri has decided to run a football club rather than play with one.

Nobody or irreplaceable the trick is finding the right replacement. Chansiri and Carlos seem to have a lot of respect for each other which could make the decision harder for Mr C. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I have a feeling he'd change that view if he thought the environment would be to his suiting.

Im not 100% sold on him but he does tick most boxes.

This would be an appointment that might just signal that Chansiri has decided to run a football club rather than play with one.

Completely agree with you, he’d be as good an appointment as we could make. But it’s not the right time, would have stood a better chance pre season. 

1 minute ago, Libertine said:

Pearson just taken a new job in Belgium and has said he’d never manage Wednesday, that’s why people are ruling him out. 

Do you know anyone who would rather commute hundreds of miles a week  than work round the corner?

His last interview on R S he paused and said he didn't want to talk about someone else's job