Carlos - "I will be here at the end of the season and we will be promoted"

10 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Which would mean we'd failed. Do you want him gone that much that you'd want your club to fail just so you get rid of him? 

What I care about is seeing my team, Sheffield Wednesday, been a success and winning games. It's not just Sunday, Iv said before, my doubts started after the Leeds home defeat last season, and then watching another pathetic negative performance against a rock bottom Rotherham Utd, which we needed a last minute penalty to dispose of them, well my mind was definitely made up after. 

I have started to see why his CV shows him as a short term manager and it worried me when he was rewarded in the summer for basically failing again, and failing miserably at that.

I'd love nothing more than to eat humble pie but I'm afraid what I witnessed last season and this campaign that we are not progressing, and a rant a rave speech from Carlos is not going to change my mind.

Only just watched the bit of the press conference where Carlos "promises" promotion...

As soon as he said it and Howson jumped on it, he climbed down a bit saying something like "that's what we are trying to do"

Like when I make a throw away comment to our lass like "I'll be back from the boozer at 9" she bleeding jumps all over it, and suddenly it's my official curfew.

Note to self always say I'll try and be back by 9.

Where do people get this idea that the chairman wouldn't sack him? 

I have no doubt that the axe will fall if things don't improve and don't improve ASAP. 

Chansiri doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just keep someone around for the sake of it. 

I know he agreed to keep Carlos on for another year (to the chagrin of many on here), but at least you could point to some semblance of logic in that decision (two, albeit failed, playoff campaigns)

He's not going to accept us not challenging this season. 

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Only just watched the bit of the press conference where Carlos "promises" promotion...

As soon as he said it and Howson jumped on it, he climbed down a bit saying something like "that's what we are trying to do"

Like when I make a throw away comment to our lass like "I'll be back from the boozer at 9" she bleeding jumps all over it, and suddenly it's my official curfew.

I don't know why people pore over interviews in football so much. 90% of it is perfunctory crud of no substance whatsoever. Wonder how many pledges of promotion are made (and broken) in the average season?

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I don't know why people pore over interviews in football so much. 90% of it is perfunctory crud of no substance whatsoever. Wonder how many pledges of promotion are made (and broken) in the average season?

Probably a silly amount.

But still marginally less than my broken promises to the wife.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Where do people get this idea that the chairman wouldn't sack him? 

I have no doubt that the axe will fall if things don't improve and don't improve ASAP. 

Chansiri doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just keep someone around for the sake of it. 

I know he agreed to keep Carlos on for another year (to the chagrin of many on here), but at least you could point to some semblance of logic in that decision (two, albeit failed, playoff campaigns)

He's not going to accept us not challenging this season. 

It's hilarious to me that people think things are going badly in the first place.

We've lost two games all year, the very first and the last one.

im glad to hear his fighting talk,i dont understand why hes being slaughtered for it. Gutting as it was on sunday, he picked our strongest team,all of which let us down. His half time team talk obviously fired them up a bit but unfortunately our defence chose to carry on playing like tw@ts. Sunday was down to the players not the manager

He's probably very angry with himself for underestimating the Blades, because no matter what he says, that's what happened.

That's British football.

That's why people like the FA Cup. Small clubs can defeat the giants of the game if the former are up for it and the latter take their eye off the ball.

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

This is why I tell my Mrs I'll be back at 3am. Then when I stumble in at 1am I win. 

• Haha 2

Giddings should have pushed CC further with his questions

Id like to know why he seems obsessed with the opposition instead of playing to our players strengths

Why he keeps trying to shut up shop and defend 1 goal leads instead of trying to get the second and kill games off

Why he keeps signing players that end up nowhere near the side