Carlos - "I will be here at the end of the season and we will be promoted"

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

No, it's a brave thing to say !

No I prefer stupid just the like man. The last time we heard a load of tosh was from a manager bragging about his coaching badges. 

38 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And at this point in September in the seasons since Carlos has been here people on here have been saying Carlos would not be here long and we wouldn't make the play offs and we are doomed...how did that go lol 

I don't think anyone gives a s**t about making the play offs, cos we'll only fail again. 

Third season in, already the 'wealthy teams' that came down are struggling, automatic promotion is the aim - it has to be. Another play off failure is a failure- might as well finish 10th

11 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I don't think anyone gives a s**t about making the play offs, cos we'll only fail again. 

Third season in, already the 'wealthy teams' that came down are struggling, automatic promotion is the aim - it has to be. Another play off failure is a failure- might as well finish 10th

Can you honestly say with your hand on your heart that anything you have seen this season makes you believe we are capable of finishing top 2?

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Can you honestly say with your hand on your heart that anything you have seen this season makes you believe we are capable of finishing top 2?

Im being very thoughtful here.......

Yes we could make top 2 with what we have - I also think what will help us is no team will run away with it this year, first or second......

But what I've actually seen? As a whole? Doubtful. Even the good stuff (Fulham away for example) was just that, good - there's been nothing exceptional 

38 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I'd rather us finish outside them. We won't win the play offs under Carlos and I'd rather spare myself the heartache again.

Automatic or nothing this season. Carlos has promised us it today so it's bound to happen.

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'd rather us finish outside them. We won't win the play offs under Carlos and I'd rather spare myself the heartache again.

Automatic or nothing this season. Carlos has promised us it today so it's bound to happen.

I'd still rather be in the playoffs than outside them but I agree that I have no belief that we'd win them this season if we got there 

For me it's top two or nothing aswell, and I mentioned before the Derby that a win was important or we'd be 7 points off it. If this week goes bad we could be 12-13 points off top two which would be a disaster. And what Chansiri is thinking after wanting promotion within two seasons I don't know 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£20.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday's pre match press conference turned into a bit of a fiery one but the Owls boss was in defiant and confident mood.

"I wil be here at the end of the season and we will be promoted" he promised

Although he did then go on to say "I am not weak. I am strong. Like the £20 note" referring to when he took out a twenty pound note in front of Andy Giddings and screwed it up repeatedly asking if it was still worth £20

A very spirited and passionate press conference this one. If this transfers onto the players then I have a feeling we're about to go on a winning spree and automatic promotion

must be borrowing someones season ticket then.......

4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Stupid thing to say 

He backtracked a bit later, probably realising that he has said something a bit silly in the heat of the moment and people will latch onto it.  Said something along the lines of 'I'd have to be a miracle worker to be able to promise promotion, but will do all I can'.    

Guest We Shall Overcome

When a Coach , Manager, reacts like this, and most of you would have seen interviews like this over the years,they never end well, the 'Chairman' is just prolonging the inevitable, i bet a lot of people will be laughing at this but not me,even though i have wanted rid for a long time, but  the last thing we need now after Sunday, is our Coach being wound up by them idiots in the Media who will be loving it.

14 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

He backtracked a bit later, probably realising that he has said something a bit silly in the heat of the moment and people will latch onto it.  Said something along the lines of 'I'd have to be a miracle worker to be able to promise promotion, but will do all I can'.    

Not exactly.

He was asked if he could guarantee it. (Which nobody can) He said he wasn't magic,

I was hoping he'd say that's Semedo

• Haha 1