Carlos - "I will be here at the end of the season and we will be promoted"

All this talk about money spent. Surely only clubs that have been in the Premiership recently have spent more and they are normally fighting fires after being relegated.

From a fans financial perspective we are paying highest prices in the league (plus club has now asked fans to loan them money with the daft plaque scheme). When this happens its hardly surprising people are very impatient. Not going to accept indefinitely dull football and never seeming to give a performance in a really big game.

1 hour ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I think we could easily entice McCarthy up here, and Karanka and Pardew have success at this level and higher

Each to their own but I wouldn't take any of them over Carlos, particularly seeing as lack of entertainment seems to be one of the largest criticisms levelled at Carlos. 

Boro fans have nothing positive to say about Karanka. If you think Carlos uses negative tactics, Karanka is on a whole different level.

McCarthy's football is so awful, Ipswich fans can't even half fill their stadium despite them actually doing quite well in terms of points. Not saying he's a bad manager but I think he would be a poor fit.

And Pardew is someone I'd want to stay well clear of personally. Universally unpopular amongst fans of the clubs he's managed.

15 hours ago, qantas said:

No....& neither will keep banging on about it...we lost, it hurts, we move on.

Do you think when Citeh beat Man Utd 6-1 at old Trafford there was as much going on about dint turn up, no pashun, Fergie doesn't understand derbies etc etc etc.....kinell, shiit happens & when it happens in a derby it hurts a lot, holy hell in Sheffield we still go on about a game that happened almost 40 years ago....to be honest I'm sick of hearing about Sunday now, I'm over it....the next game is what matters, then the next & so on, when we get to the one we're playing at Bramall Lane maybe we can make amends, if not, again, move on.

Most of the 'analysis' of football is speculation, cliche, accepted wisdom, double standards, soundbites, assumptions and prejudice. Very little qualifies as truly erudite, original and unpredictable. 

Those who have decided that the end can't come soon enough for Carvalhal will seek to exploit every single opportunity to reinforce that judgement, no matter what he says or does. That's just the way of things. I've seen it happen countless times down the years at our club with metronomic regularity. Some people seem to need a regular fix for their addiction. In fact, I can't think of a single long-term manager at Wednesday who has escaped a prolonged 'out' campaign from a sizeable number of fans since the days of Howard Wilkinson (almost 30 years ago), apart from Ron Atkinson. 

When you see it happen at dozens of other clubs every single season in just the same way only underlines how listless and perfunctory much of it is. Even those with long careers in the game who are paid bundles of money for their opinions routinely fail to rise above the level of hot air spouted in the average pub or warehouse on a daily basis.

Edited by DJMortimer

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Most of the 'analysis' of football is speculation, cliche, accepted wisdom, double standards, soundbites, assumptions and prejudice. Very little qualifies as truly erudite, original and unpredictable. 

Those who have decided that the end can't come soon enough for Carvalhal will seek to exploit every single opportunity to reinforce that judgement, no matter what he says or does. That's just the way of things. I've seen it happen countless times down the years at our club with metronomic regularity. Some people seem to need a regular fix for their addiction. In fact, I can't think of a single long-term manager at Wednesday who has escaped a prolonged 'out' campaign from a sizeable number of fans since the days of Howard Wilkinson (almost 30 years ago), apart from Ron Atkinson. 

When you see it happen at dozens of other clubs every single season in just the same way only underlines how listless and perfunctory much of it is. Even those with long careers in the game who are paid bundles of money for their opinions routinely fail to rise above the level of hot air spouted in the average pub or warehouse on a daily basis.

So  apart from that, do we keep or fire ? lol

Edited by Bob