Carlos Out...?

15 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Preperation can be good or bad. Carlos, I assume, has faith in his own ability. He might think he's preparing well when he actually isn't, for example when we played Burton. 

For some games he might actually be preparing well, for example Newcastle last season. 

In either case his belief in his ability and action is constant but he's not the most objective person to ask in this instance. 

If he doesn't prepare well, but neither does the opposition then it might come down to simply which group of players wants it more, or which is more talented or more likely a combination of both factors. 

The Infinite Monkey Theorem applies here in the following way; given a large enough sample of games we will have some great results by pure chance alone.  If Carlos has enough games to tinker and change, he will hit on a winning formula eventually just by chance alone. 

The manager of any team can be a force multiplier or an inhibitor or good performance.  Use Chris Wilder as an example; he's getting that group of very ordinary players to some great results. How? He's a force multiplier. 

I suppose it comes down to whether you think we perform in spite of Carlosnor because of him. I don't think it's that simple because there is the other side to account for. Carlos could get all his preperation completely wrong but if the opposition do the same thing then we stand a better chance of winnin because, man for man, our squad is amongst the best in the division. 

Anyway i spin this, I just don't see evidence that Carlos is the reason for sustained great performances and results, but rather it's in spite of him and because of outside factors.

That six game winning run last season came to an end when we rested most of the team, got beat by Fulham and then bent over to Huddersfield.  For that good run, I believe we were without certain players as well?  Players who were brought back for the limp display against Huddersfield. 

This is a bit rambling. I'm p****d off I didn't get to see the game tonight due to a TV roger up where I am. I'm p****d off my season ticket is going to waste. I'm p****d off because I think we can and should be doing much better in general. I'm p****d off because I've got in bed and I now need to p**s. 

If it's any help posting essays more than 2 paragraphs loses most people especially owlstalk

best points tally yet after 6 games

Carlos's first season... 5 points after 6 games (6th placed finish)

Carlos's second season...8 points after 6 games (4th place finish)

Carlos's third season....9 points after 6 games (?? place finish)

year after year improvement

Played well today and deserved the win. Credit where it's due we were at it from the off for once!

That being said my opinion on Carlos hasn't changed. Do I think he's a good coach? Yes. Do I think he's capable of getting us promoted? No. 

For that reason I think change is more of a when than if, I hope I'm wrong though! 

34 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Preperation can be good or bad. Carlos, I assume, has faith in his own ability. He might think he's preparing well when he actually isn't, for example when we played Burton. 

For some games he might actually be preparing well, for example Newcastle last season. 

In either case his belief in his ability and action is constant but he's not the most objective person to ask in this instance. 

If he doesn't prepare well, but neither does the opposition then it might come down to simply which group of players wants it more, or which is more talented or more likely a combination of both factors. 

The Infinite Monkey Theorem applies here in the following way; given a large enough sample of games we will have some great results by pure chance alone.  If Carlos has enough games to tinker and change, he will hit on a winning formula eventually just by chance alone. 

The manager of any team can be a force multiplier or an inhibitor or good performance.  Use Chris Wilder as an example; he's getting that group of very ordinary players to some great results. How? He's a force multiplier. 

I suppose it comes down to whether you think we perform in spite of Carlosnor because of him. I don't think it's that simple because there is the other side to account for. Carlos could get all his preperation completely wrong but if the opposition do the same thing then we stand a better chance of winnin because, man for man, our squad is amongst the best in the division. 

Anyway i spin this, I just don't see evidence that Carlos is the reason for sustained great performances and results, but rather it's in spite of him and because of outside factors.

That six game winning run last season came to an end when we rested most of the team, got beat by Fulham and then bent over to Huddersfield.  For that good run, I believe we were without certain players as well?  Players who were brought back for the limp display against Huddersfield. 

This is a bit rambling. I'm p****d off I didn't get to see the game tonight due to a TV roger up where I am. I'm p****d off my season ticket is going to waste. I'm p****d off because I think we can and should be doing much better in general. I'm p****d off because I've got in bed and I now need to p**s. 

Yeah it is a bit rambling - you're over thinking it a bit.

were unbeaten in 5 and taken 9 points - it's nowt to do with monkeys.

chill out and go the bog :)

5 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

But how many team play into our hands by coming to Hillsborough and having a go like Forest did? They made it easy for us and most teams don't. 

Today was not a change of approach from Carlos. The thing that changed was the set up of the opposition.

This is correct in my mind, but I don't see it as a negative at all:

It's not a change of approach at all, just that we have the personnel to play the football he wants to play.

Having van Aken able to knock the balls to the wings and forward with accuracy, combined with the spark that a fit Kieran Lee (and actually, Butterfield as well) brings to the game made all the difference.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Very welcome win (and performance!) today but we really do have to keep the momentum going now. I cast my mind back to that thumping win at home to Norwich in March and the optimism on here at the time. What happened next? The Tuesday following we drew at home to bloody Burton, saturday we lost away to Villa then the following Friday lost at home to Reading. 1 point out of a possible 9! Let's see if this another false dawn or if the penny has finally dropped with Carlos. 

6 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

A common theme throughout last season and (potentially) this - doubters will continue to doubt then we win a few and it all goes quiet. Doubter will continue to doubt then we...(ad infinitum). 

I just want to see todays display at home and against teams we should be beating on paper and the dour defensive against the Fulhams away. Said it all last season, mix the two and we have a winning formula, I really hope Carlos has taken note. 

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

The most difficult thing for Carlos is going to be transitioning the team for a home performance and a away one as I am convinced we are going to play two totally different ways.

Masters that then we will be promoted under him.

He needs to master the transition from league to play off, IF he does this we will be promoted under him, I put emphasis on the word IF.

9 hours ago, StarmanNWC said:

I knew someone would put this. Do you not think he was in regular contact with the bench?  If anything being in the stands today gave him a better view than normal.

I hope it did so he can see the dross we have to put up with ! Of course he was in regular contact but you can't think it's a coincidence that we finally attack from the off after 3 years when he's not there ?

25 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I hope it did so he can see the dross we have to put up with ! Of course he was in regular contact but you can't think it's a coincidence that we finally attack from the off after 3 years when he's not there ?

You really think that was the assistant's instruction? CC will have sent them out with it ringing in their ears