Carlos Out...?

11 hours ago, cowl said:

I've wanted a change of coach since Brighton away last season.

Since then we've had some very bad games, a few good games, and a lot of okay games, but my feeling about our lack of progress under him hasn't budged much.

Today felt good though. Winning was important but what was more important for me was that I felt very well entertained, and I can't say I've felt that much this last 12 months or so.

We keep playing like this and I would expect my faith in CC's abilities to be restored.

Best post on this thread mate. Spot on and my thoughts entirely. Winning with entertainment = happy fans.

12 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Don't know now. I wanted him gone before the international break and I'm not sure one decent result can change the bigger picture. 

But it's hard to argue with the facts, we have more points after 6 games than we did in our two previous seasons. Carlos' trend of slow but steady improvement looks like continuing.

All that said, I still see 9 points from those first six games (considering who we were playing) as something of a disappointment. 

Anyone else on the fence?

Stop moaning when we win will you we played well now leave it and support the team.

As I've just said in another thread, the thing you should all be talking about is having our best player back. We'd have more points on the board if he was fit all season. Those wanting to blame/credit everything to the manager are completely wrong, we played better because we had our best player back who gives us so much.

It's going to take a while for him to win back over his detractors. 

Truth be told he may never win over some of them. 

Good display yesterday though and a good response from the team I thought. 

Long way to go, but this hasn't been a terrible start despite the somewhat sluggish nature of it. 

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

As I've just said in another thread, the thing you should all be talking about is having our best player back. We'd have more points on the board if he was fit all season. Those wanting to blame/credit everything to the manager are completely wrong, we played better because we had our best player back who gives us so much.

Always said Lee is our best player.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It's going to take a while for him to win back over his detractors. 

Truth be told he may never win over some of them. 

Good display yesterday though and a good response from the team I thought. 

Long way to go, but this hasn't been a terrible start despite the somewhat sluggish nature of it. 

Indeed, more points at this stage than the other two seasons.

Let's see how we look in a few games time when Lee is fully fit and Hutch is back. Perhaps Boyd and Rhodes will look better too. 

I think we'll be a lot higher up the table, and people might realise that having your best players back has a bigger impact on how you play than the manager's apparent tactics. Might be too much for some people to comprehend on here though. I hope we try and play how we did yesterday at Cardiff. 

We kept flitting from very good to average yesterday.

Played well overall but the not so good periods were down to the players rather than Carlos.

I think we did need some pace in the summer but it does feel like Carlos wants us to be more positive in games and has learned something from last season.

We've probably been a bit unlucky really. Not played atrocious and created quite a few good chances in games.

I think unless we really dropped off and were moving the opposite way from the top six then he will be here for the season.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

We definitely have the squad, not sure Carlos has the necessary attributes for the top 2.

I honestly think we'll be top 6, I also honestly believe he will bottle it like the last 2 play offs.

So you're paying your bet early hehehehehe  lol 

I wanted Carlos gone after last seasons disappointment and I still don't trust him to have what it takes to guide us through the playoffs because history tells us he's not positive enough to deliver.

I'll be more than happy if he proves me wrong this time around though.

17 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I'll be honest I've been all over the place, even wrote a post saying I'm cc out

but on today's performance I'm cc in, we were great!! 

If if we can put a run together we will be there, all the other so called challengers are faltering aswell 

WAWAW

So you'd have sacked him the other week but you'd now keep him on?  I'm glad DC is in charge and not some posters on here.

For the last 20yrs we've sacked managers and hired some sh!te. Just looking at the quality of managers over that time tells you we've got a good one now. We will lose games now and again but the fact is we have to stand by the manager because chopping and changing does not work.

Guest RocketOwl

There was one main reason why many of us started to doubt Carlos. The negative boring football.

He made us all as enthused about going to games as we had done in many a year. Then last season it got to the stage where it was ala Gray. 

Atter yesterday game it felt like Carlos might have started to realise and that gives us hope. He's a manager that majority of us love and not many managers could have played the boring stuff he has for 12 months and been given the patience he has.

Thats because we all love him as a person and leader of or club and just want him to go for it like he did yesterday.

It's very similar to last season. We will probably go on a great run of 6/7 games now before probably another slump in form. 

Still a lot to answer for in terms of the transfer market for me and even in team selections and having a plan B. 

But he got it right yesterday and I hope it continues. But until he has us challenging for the top 2 then he isn't the bloke for me. Still feel disheartened at having only picked up 3 points from Preston, QPR, Sunderland and Burton. One good performance doesn't excuse 4 very very poor ones.