Carlos Out...?

Don't know now. I wanted him gone before the international break and I'm not sure one decent result can change the bigger picture. 

But it's hard to argue with the facts, we have more points after 6 games than we did in our two previous seasons. Carlos' trend of slow but steady improvement looks like continuing.

All that said, I still see 9 points from those first six games (considering who we were playing) as something of a disappointment. 

Anyone else on the fence?

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

1 minute ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Don't know now. I wanted him gone before the international break and I'm not sure one decent result can change the bigger picture. 

But it's hard to argue with the facts, we have more points after 6 games than we did in our two previous seasons. Carlos' trend of slow but steady improvement looks like continuing.

All that said, I still see 9 points from those first six games (considering who we were playing) as something of a disappointment. 

Nope. Pro-Carlos

• Like 2

Nobody is gonna complain after a win. Certainly not me.

There are a few things that are starting to work, Hooper Fletcher, Bannan left with Reach overlapping, Lee coming back and Jones and Van Aken playing.

But it's all about consistency and not dropping points like we have been.

It's going to take more than one win to change my mind. Every now and then we will win games just because we get everything right with our preparation. My thoughts are this is more down to luck than design. I don't think he has enough about him to get this team promoted. Most games we play below our potential.  I hope he proves me wrong, but my fear is he will do enough to cling on to his job until the chance of promotion passes us by. 

10 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

i am actually but desperate for him to succeed, he has the squad to achieve promotion, just hope he can steer us home this year

I'm not sitting in judgment at all, because I share the concerns; Carlos seems to lack confidence in the quality of the players and their ability to take their game to the opposition, whoever that may be. It *is* extremely frustrating.

However, I do think these kind of opinions should be formed over 10-game runs at the very least. I would have looked for another manager after the play off failure last year but now we've kept with Carlos I'll take a look after the first 10 league games this season before deciding. Until then, I think we need to sit tight.

Personally, I think he (Carlos) may overthink things a lot of the time and also has felt the need to accommodate Forestieri into the side as he's obviously our most technically talented player. With him now unavailable, and for some time, this may be a blessing in disguise as it will mean commiting to the Fletcher/Hooper partnership up front and a more balanced starting eleven as a whole. We shall see.

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

Is the o/p suggesting we deliberately start slow and build ? I mean really ?

I'm a Carlos knocker , I don't think he's up to it ,BUT give me positive footy like that for a few games and I'm back with him

Credit where it is due 

Where did I suggest that? 

That first 20 was some of the best football I've seen in a while. As I see it that was down to Carlos setting us up to exploit the holes behind their midfield. We could have been 2 or 3 up. Not sure what they did with the substitution but they seemed to switch to a flat back four to tighten it up, which evened it up. We beat a good side today, and with a better final ball it could have been a lot more. Well done Carlos. 

I've wanted a change of coach since Brighton away last season.

Since then we've had some very bad games, a few good games, and a lot of okay games, but my feeling about our lack of progress under him hasn't budged much.

Today felt good though. Winning was important but what was more important for me was that I felt very well entertained, and I can't say I've felt that much this last 12 months or so.

We keep playing like this and I would expect my faith in CC's abilities to be restored.

20 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Find it odd that you start this debate after a solid home win ...just enjoy a pint and forget about managerial issues for one day .