Carlos Out...?

56 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It's going to take more than one win to change my mind. Every now and then we will win games just because we get everything right with our preparation. My thoughts are this is more down to luck than design. I don't think he has enough about him to get this team promoted. Most games we play below our potential.  I hope he proves me wrong, but my fear is he will do enough to cling on to his job until the chance of promotion passes us by. 

Now and again we win games through preparation but this is more luck than design.........

that has to be the daftest critique I've heard yet.

stop preparing the team to win Carlos you lucky get........

We are now at the point where he has little excuse. He has the squad he wanted and is playing a formation that works for the players that we have.  When Lee is fit he pulls the strings and does FF's job better than FF.

Up until this point this season he has been overly defensive to cover up the shortfalls in CB but now the 2 young lads are in then he can go for it more and it showed today.  People calling for him to go before he got the transfer business done were jumping in too quick for me. I'd look after 15 games and if we didn't have at least 22 points then I'd ask questions.  30 points after 15 games is top 2 form.

31 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Now and again we win games through preparation but this is more luck than design.........

that has to be the daftest critique I've heard yet.

stop preparing the team to win Carlos you lucky get........

Well you've almost quoted what I've said, which suggests you can read the words but the understanding seems to have eluded you. 

Are you familiar with the infinite monkey theorem?  Might help with your understanding of my point. 

32 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Carlos in the stand we attack from the off and perform well.

Carlos Out for me 

I knew someone would put this. Do you not think he was in regular contact with the bench?  If anything being in the stands today gave him a better view than normal.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

But how many team play into our hands by coming to Hillsborough and having a go like Forest did? They made it easy for us and most teams don't. 

Today was not a change of approach from Carlos. The thing that changed was the set up of the opposition.

The pigs will come and act the big boys they can't help it,their great start might be a blessing 

7 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I think changing the manager feels like something of an obsession among a few posters here.  You could make out a case that we should have replaced after the play offs and there clearly were arguments both ways. But at this point it feels like something of a distraction 

The thing is there is a general assumption that things will certainly get better with change, but they might not. It seemed like we needed to freshen things up earlier this season but hopefully we will settle a bit now as a team and kick on. 

If a change is made there needs to be a clear candidate 

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

I'll be honest I've been all over the place, even wrote a post saying I'm cc out

but on today's performance I'm cc in, we were great!! 

If if we can put a run together we will be there, all the other so called challengers are faltering aswell 

WAWAW

Wasn't that good mate, but a wins a win although plenty of room for improvement.

19 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Well you've almost quoted what I've said, which suggests you can read the words but the understanding seems to have eluded you. 

Are you familiar with the infinite monkey theorem?  Might help with your understanding of my point. 

I am but don't see how that applies when you were saying that our success came from preparation.....

which goes completely against the infinite monkey theorem.

26 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I am but don't see how that applies when you were saying that our success came from preparation.....

which goes completely against the infinite monkey theorem.

Preperation can be good or bad. Carlos, I assume, has faith in his own ability. He might think he's preparing well when he actually isn't, for example when we played Burton. 

For some games he might actually be preparing well, for example Newcastle last season. 

In either case his belief in his ability and action is constant but he's not the most objective person to ask in this instance. 

If he doesn't prepare well, but neither does the opposition then it might come down to simply which group of players wants it more, or which is more talented or more likely a combination of both factors. 

The Infinite Monkey Theorem applies here in the following way; given a large enough sample of games we will have some great results by pure chance alone.  If Carlos has enough games to tinker and change, he will hit on a winning formula eventually just by chance alone. 

The manager of any team can be a force multiplier or an inhibitor or good performance.  Use Chris Wilder as an example; he's getting that group of very ordinary players to some great results. How? He's a force multiplier. 

I suppose it comes down to whether you think we perform in spite of Carlosnor because of him. I don't think it's that simple because there is the other side to account for. Carlos could get all his preperation completely wrong but if the opposition do the same thing then we stand a better chance of winnin because, man for man, our squad is amongst the best in the division. 

Anyway i spin this, I just don't see evidence that Carlos is the reason for sustained great performances and results, but rather it's in spite of him and because of outside factors.

That six game winning run last season came to an end when we rested most of the team, got beat by Fulham and then bent over to Huddersfield.  For that good run, I believe we were without certain players as well?  Players who were brought back for the limp display against Huddersfield. 

This is a bit rambling. I'm p****d off I didn't get to see the game tonight due to a TV roger up where I am. I'm p****d off my season ticket is going to waste. I'm p****d off because I think we can and should be doing much better in general. I'm p****d off because I've got in bed and I now need to p**s.