Carlos Out...?

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hes still under pressure and so he should be! We looked better for the first 70 minutes playing a diamond without playing conventional wingers. Wingers dont suit us - our width must come from the full backs. Whether we go with this formation or 4-3-3. 

We won

3-1

3 points

Carlos best start to a season ever

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We won

3-1

3 points

Carlos best start to a season ever

Im delighted with the performance and the 3 points but he remains under pressure for me. I really like the guy as he is very charming and charismatic - I'm just not sure whether he will he us promoted. I hope I'm wrong! 

24 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It's going to take more than one win to change my mind. Every now and then we will win games just because we get everything right with our preparation. My thoughts are this is more down to luck than design. I don't think he has enough about him to get this team promoted. Most games we play below our potential.  I hope he proves me wrong, but my fear is he will do enough to cling on to his job until the chance of promotion passes us by. 

Today had nothing to do with luck. Forest play in a way that suits us as they aren't the type of team that can just sit back and soak up pressure.

I'm sure plenty on here will be saying why won't Carlos set the team up like this every week. But the reality is most games teams make it much harder for us than today by sitting deep. Carlos isn't lying when he says he wants us to play attacking football. It's just not easy to do that when deeps are setting out to stop you doing just that.

• Like 1

One match doesn't change things too much but it's a start - the bar has been pretty low TBH

Been banging in for ages but consistency is key - not just in results but in performances. Get the latter right and the former will come. 

We played well for most of the game and got the rewards - multiple goals and a victory.

This 45 minute show up and one goal a game nonsense needs to be banished and CC has to show he can get us playing properly for 90 minutes on a regular basis.

We have the quality and firepower and we should be maximising it at all time - it's the only way we'll get promoted.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

27 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It's going to take more than one win to change my mind. Every now and then we will win games just because we get everything right with our preparation. My thoughts are this is more down to luck than design. I don't think he has enough about him to get this team promoted. Most games we play below our potential.  I hope he proves me wrong, but my fear is he will do enough to cling on to his job until the chance of promotion passes us by. 

This.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well pleased with todays performance. But Carlos has a horrible habit of tinkering with a successful formula. I've never been one of those who has called for his head, but I think I'll reserve judgement for the time being.

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

One match doesn't change things too much but it's a start - the bar has been pretty low TBH

Been banging in for ages but consistency is key - not just in results but in performances. Get the latter right and the former will come. 

We played well for most of the game and got the rewards - multiple goals and a victory.

This 45 minute show up and one goal a game nonsense needs to be banished and CC has to show he can get us playing properly for 90 minutes on a regular basis.

We have the quality and firepower and we should be maximising it at all time - it's the only way we'll get promoted.

But how many team play into our hands by coming to Hillsborough and having a go like Forest did? They made it easy for us and most teams don't. 

Today was not a change of approach from Carlos. The thing that changed was the set up of the opposition.

23 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Where did I suggest that? 

" Carlos trend for slow steady improvement looks like continuing"

I thought you were implying it was a tactic 

But as I say, credit where it is due, and I feel a bit more confident playing the Blavdes with those kind of tactics 

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It doesn't change my opinion but credit where credits due, good win and hopefully we will push on from here.

Exactly

we aren't bogeymen out to get CC. If we play well and win then we're all  happy 

Edited by Stoop

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

But how many team play into our hands by coming to Hillsborough and having a go like Forest did? They made it easy for us and most teams don't. 

Today was not a change of approach from Carlos. The thing that changed was the set up of the opposition.

Fair enough but you can't legislate for the oppo making a balls of it

We were better than we have been and took our chances.

Jury still out but it's a start and will help confidence.  

If CC can get this team playing better with consistency so be it but if he can't, someone else needs to be bought in who can - it's that simple.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

48 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Don't know now. I wanted him gone before the international break and I'm not sure one decent result can change the bigger picture. 

But it's hard to argue with the facts, we have more points after 6 games than we did in our two previous seasons. Carlos' trend of slow but steady improvement looks like continuing.

All that said, I still see 9 points from those first six games (considering who we were playing) as something of a disappointment. 

Anyone else on the fence?

Absolutely not. We played bad and lost out first game. Scratch that off and we're now unbeaten in 5 since with 9 points from those games which is promotion form.

Or you can trade all that for the upheaval that would come from sacking him and bringing in a new manager.....

just have some patience.

Just like in a good run, one defeat doesn't ruin it, likewise with the opposite.

The stat about it being Carlos's best start is a complete red herring seeing as we had terrible starts the first couple of years.

I hope that performance is a sign of what's to come, but you never know.

10 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

First match that he's relegated to the stands and we score three goals.

Coincidence?

I think not...

Aye cos him sitting in a different part of the ground obviously had a big impact on us being completely better than forest all over the pitch.

52 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

That was not a lucky win.