Joost van Aken

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Would have made no difference if he'd stayed on his feet - Osborne's pace was too much

I don't think he could have got the ball because he was on his heels and too slow to react initially to the danger

We can put it down to being unused to the pace of the game in the championship - but going to ground as he did could have seen him off - and penalty

His angle wasn't great,  I just thought with his pretty big stride he might step across diagonally and risk a shoulder to shoulder . I'll never know bow though!

Just really , really surprised me when he lunged. 

His and Lees fault for the goal, arguably him more than Lees as while Tom has perhaps moved across to the right a fraction too far, Joost should have still moved across to shorten the gap between them. That said, it was half an hour into their first ever competitive game alongside each other... there are going to be a couple of minor positioning mistakes. Overall, cracking debut, did not look like his first game in the Championship whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

His and Lees fault for the goal, arguably him more than Lees as while Tom has perhaps moved across to the right a fraction too far, Joost should have still moved across to shorten the gap between them. That said, it was half an hour into their first ever competitive game alongside each other... there are going to be a couple of minor positioning mistakes. Overall, cracking debut, did not look like his first game in the Championship whatsoever.

lee made up for it with that header offa the line....great positioning...

From what I saw on telly, he looked to me to be a little off the pace required, but for a foreign player, unused to the Championship, that is gnit-picking. very impressed and I think he will become a Wednesday favourite very quickly. Impressive signing.

Edited by Buxtongent
grammar

Thought he looked really composed on the ball, overall I was happy with his debut. Certainly think him and Lees can develop a solid partnership together. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Has to stay on his feet for the goal when Osborn advances to the box. He's a step away when he jumps in. 

Other than that. Looked very promising. 

I agree, bit naive of him to dive in really, even if he would have made up the space he would probably have fouled the player. He wasn't close enough and needed to stay on his feet.

I'm not going to slate the lad as it was his debut and he did ok but he was caught out of position quite often, a better team would have punished him for it. Lots to work on in training me thinks.

53 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

If it wasn't for Kieran Lee's return then he'd have been my MotM considering this was a debut performance. Only one game, granted, but lets hope he proves to be a good deputy, and then long term replacement, for Loovens as he's a bit injury prone and getting a bit long in the tooth!

I actually think Loovens will struggle to displace him after that performance 

39 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

That is the best debut I have seen for a long time.

He reads the game well, has good feet and a bit of pace.

Hopefully he will be allowed to form an understanding with Lees.

I think.it also show how much fans need new players in the team to get excited.