Joost van Aken

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

very good debut

only downside is the kop band tried to start the der ..der..der der der der der "joost" (ala Andy Booth) chant....flipping knew they would

That band needs to fooooking stay down at Wembley when it nexts take a trip down there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

very good debut

only downside is the kop band tried to start the der ..der..der der der der der "joost" (ala Andy Booth) chant....flipping knew they would

Burn the lot of them.

The Booth chant was only ever supersed in shiteness by the Holt one.

• Haha 1

Great debut for him as an individual although the defence as a whole still found itself being torn in two far too often and far too easy. They should have probably seen them selves 2 or 3-1 up (that being said we should have capitalised on the first 15 and put the game out of reach)

Hopefully, with time to bed in we might have a gem here and we can look forward to much more reassured defending. 

Edited by zakswfc

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Has to stay on his feet for the goal when Osborn advances to the box. He's a step away when he jumps in. 

Other than that. Looked very promising. 

This!   It was an excellent debut apart from the silly lunge for their goal which could have been costly.  His passing range is superb.  If he develops he could be a real player.

Regarding the error: 

Think you have to give a bit of credit to the runner from midfield. 

Osborne completely caught us off guard and Joost (in a desperate move) tried to slide in to stop him. 

He may well have got beat had he stayed on his feet. In saying that it was a bit rash and he may well have brought him down for a pen. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Regarding the error: 

Osborne completely caught us off guard and Joost (in a desperate move) tried to slide in to stop him. 

He may well have got beat had he stayed on his feet. In saying that it was a bit rash and he may well have brought him down for a pen. 

Yep in fairness he was in Lees' area when he had to go cover.

Just now, SiJ said:

It was a great run from Osborne. 

Came in from the wide position and just darted in without anyone really picking him up. 

Yep totally agree sometimes you just have to say decent goal. It was a decent game, although not sure I'd be saying that if we'd lost 3-1.

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Regarding the error: 

I also think Westwood should have done better there, not like him to beaten at his near post like that.

Just now, LiamAP22D said:

Yep totally agree sometimes you just have to say decent goal. It was a decent game, although not sure I'd be saying that if we'd lost 3-1.

Same. 

It was entertaining though. It was just so nice to see us start with that attacking intent. 

A very professional display, but one with some real attacking quality. 

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

I also think Westwood should have done better there, not like him to beaten at his near post like that.

Yes. I thought even when he broke through the Forest player still had a lot to do. 

In some respects you'd have thought a cut back would be the better option, so I was a little bit surprised when he shot and it went straight in. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Same. 

It was entertaining though. It was just so nice to see us start with that attacking intent. 

A very professional display, but one with some real attacking quality. 

Yeah it really could have been 3-0 after 10 minutes.

Edited by LiamAP22D