Joost van Aken

Looked like your typical Dutch defender, composed on the ball with a good technical ability. Obviously followed his instructions to the letter, so not too much movement with the ball, but think we will see him pushing forward more, his cross field passes were accurate an a welcome addition. Been a while since I have seen a debut like that at Hillsboro'

Have we just uncovered a real gem along the lines of Nillson!    

9 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Looked like your typical Dutch defender, composed on the ball with a good technical ability. Obviously followed his instructions to the letter, so not too much movement with the ball, but think we will see him pushing forward more, his cross field passes were accurate an a welcome addition. Been a while since I have seen a debut like that at Hillsboro'

Have we just uncovered a real gem along the lines of Nillson!    

OMG, if he's half as good as Nillson, he will be a real find

Think it's stupid to start calling him 'class' after one game. He needs to be judged on his defending first. He could have been much better for their goal. Looked very composed on the ball though. Needs to be carefull with the crossfield balls because if it didn't come off, Forest had an attack. I actually think he'll be wasted at CB. He could play that Dier role like he does at Spurs. Good positive signing and I'm

sure he'll get better. The defence looked solid. Let's keep with it! 

Early signs look encouraging. It would certainly be nice if one of our overseas recruits hit the ground running and deliver for a change after disappointments in recent years. 

12 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Good: He can clearly pass, that 60 yard ball pinged cross field to Wallace was ace.

Bad: Wasn't he responsible for the Forest goal? Went to ground too early and gave their forward time to shoot.

I wouldnt say he was responsible. He made a split second decision to try and stretch for a wonder tackle. In hindsight hed have been better staying up, but that sort of thing comes with age and experience. Think hes going to be a class player personally and there was a lot went on before he lunged that contributed to the goal. I hope he doesnt dwell on that as a mistake, as it was a small one and ended up being inconsequential.  

Apart from going to ground too easily for their goal a faultless debut.

looks very good and the way we play where our centre backs having their fair share of possession I think this lad will be excellent for us.

he looked to blance out back four perfectly. He's a threat in their box. At 23 am excellent bit of business.

cant wait to see more of him