Joost van Aken

Thought he had a good debut. Confident, assured, composed not entirely at fault for their goal imo. Will prove to be a very shrewd signing.

Be great to hear the crowd going JOOST at the same time as the Iceland clap,sod having a song for him, would sound epic lol 

Just now, theowlsman said:

We need another 25 copycat threads. I know you boys won't let us down lol

No amount of threads can be made to show our appreciation. Finally we have someone who can whip passes out on a level Bannan would be proud of and be big enough to make Daryl Murphy look like a f'ing dumpling. Not to mention his positioning gives Reach all the freedom and confidence he needs to play his game.

Just now, sam1 said:

No amount of threads can be made to show our appreciation. Finally we have someone who can whip passes out on a level Bannan would be proud of and be big enough to make Daryl Murphy look like a f'ing dumpling. Not to mention his positioning gives Reach all the freedom and confidence he needs to play his game.

Good in't he? 

Just now, davey_wells said:

I thought he was really good.

Gets stuck in, clears it when needed, good on the ball, decent passes.

Great first impression.

The gets stuck in bit is definitely true. 

Dutch footballers are normally very good technically but he seems to be happy mixing it physically too which is very positive. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Has to stay on his feet for the goal when Osborn advances to the box. He's a step away when he jumps in. 

Other than that. Looked very promising. 

Would have made no difference if he'd stayed on his feet - Osborne's pace was too much

I don't think he could have got the ball because he was on his heels and too slow to react initially to the danger

We can put it down to being unused to the pace of the game in the championship - but going to ground as he did could have seen him off - and penalty

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Great debut - looked composed. World class

If it wasn't for Kieran Lee's return then he'd have been my MotM considering this was a debut performance. Only one game, granted, but lets hope he proves to be a good deputy, and then long term replacement, for Loovens as he's a bit injury prone and getting a bit long in the tooth!