SWFC DREAM SCENE

24 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Harry Chapman - won two League titles and an FA Cup - not on it.

Lee Bullen - third Division play off winner - on it. 

Des Walker a fine player but only on it for one reason 

They're going to be a grand each

The reason being, he's the best centre half swfc have had in the last 50 years?

A superb painting. Even though we might have feared the worst with it going to a fan vote.

I don't think we can argue with the finished painting, there are only a couple of debatable players on there.

The rest are all among our greats. I would suggest Jackie Robinson and Ellis Rimmer deserved to be on there.

And I would've included one of the manager greats on there too. And someone from the club's formative years such as Sir John Charles Clegg?

Jackie Robinson deserved to be on there for being our best wartime player and one of the best players in the country of his generation, during a time when

greats like Stanley Matthews were playing the game. Ellis Rimmer should have been on there for not only being one of our best players during some of our most successful years,

winning the League title twice, the FA Cup once and the Charity Shield once, and for achieving the remarkable rare feat of scoring in every round of the Cup the last time we won the FA Cup in 1935.

But even with a few notable absentees it's still a great concept and it's brilliantly done by the artist. 

Guest 1banana2banana
3 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Cracking - be great hung on the wall that one. 

I just don't get how Bullen made it on there, very odd !!!

First time I've logged in for about 6 months, just to reply to this really. 

I've read similar comments a few times and just don't get people who can't appreciate people like lee bullen, of the last 20 years that is one of the most emotional memorable pictures and players we have had. 

If it was about just putting the best on this, then people like di canio would be on. 

For me the only missing thing is SEMEDO on his knees celebrating the goal v the blunts. 

4 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Anyone know how many are getting produced and cost etc? Oh, and size, how gig are the prints?

I'd imagine "lots" and "lots" are the answers to your first question. Second answer will be one gig go buy it lol . Glad to be of service ; please , don't mention it. :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Think the question should be , why is Lee Bullen on it ?  Never been a legend, steady player but not a legend .

curran and bullen 2 players who helped get us out the 3 rd division .....mark hooper won us 2 championships and the FA  cup played over 400 games scored over a 100 goals so I don't think the criteria for getting on had anything to do with being a legend ,to me it's more a random selection of players of players from the different era's 

The painting is superb and the attention to detail unbelievable , the artist was there last night and talked you all the way through it , there is a lot of hidden thought as well like the Starling sat on the FA cup 

My favourite part was when he talked about Terry Curren getting pelted with coins at the Lane and in the picture he is holding one . 

Brilliant .