SWFC DREAM SCENE

6 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You are dead right there Dan it's like the Jack Vettriano style not being everyone's cup of tea?

Sadly for us Owls Fans and unlike the Vettriano range of prints I can't see me opening an Argos catalogue in the near future and finding the Dreams Scene in there in a 3 foot square canvas print for £29.99!!garymegson

i have 11 of his prints scattered round my house the girlfriends not impressed but she can do one , I think he's brilliant ........and your right not everyone is going to like" the dream scene"

(i'm not keen on it ) but that doesn't mean it's awful .

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i have 11 of his prints scattered round my house the girlfriends not impressed but she can do one , I think he's brilliant ........and your right not everyone is going to like" the dream scene"

(i'm not keen on it ) but that doesn't mean it's awful .

Don't get me wrong Torry I think jack's great too its that Deco style I really like it.. haven't got any but purchased the Banksy Parody of the Butler scene it's called "Beach Clean up" 

Print of course not original .....

I will also purchase a print of the dream scene for the right price of course

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

19 hours ago, BRADDO said:

It's fantastic. The little details such as the cricket bat, the nod to Mel, the clock, Spiksley holding the handkerchief etc. are beautifully subtle but meaningful. Stunning 

I agree. That's what makes it more than just a painting. Excuse my ignorance, but what's the story with Spiksley's hanky, and what's the relevance of the medal on the jacket in the locker behind Dooley ? Looks like a Victoria Cross or George medal.

1 hour ago, wednesdaylander said:

I agree. That's what makes it more than just a painting. Excuse my ignorance, but what's the story with Spiksley's hanky, and what's the relevance of the medal on the jacket in the locker behind Dooley ? Looks like a Victoria Cross or George medal.

The handkerchief is to with with a royal Princess waving her hanky at him and then later giving it to him. Apparently she was besotted. I don't know about the medal 

9 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the Starling. Can you tell me the significance of the plants? Is one an olive tree? The more I look at the painting, more subtle information is revealed. It's brilliant.

Its a spider plant in homage to Ian Mellor's header away at Blackburn to clinch promotion and curling effort from distance in the BDM...

2 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

Absolutely marvellous - the painter was thrilled by the reaction he got last night and was happy to explain some of the details like the 66 leaves in the tree (left) and the importance of that horseshoe. Fascinating!

Can you please share that information as I'm fascinated by the whole thing

15 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

The handkerchief is to with with a royal Princess waving her hanky at him and then later giving it to him. Apparently she was besotted. I don't know about the medal 

My dad has just told me Derek Dooley was awarded an MBE for services to football, so that'll be it. The artist really did his research ! As regards the Spiksley story that explains why the Queen is a Wednesdayite and wore an Owl on her lapel when she opened the Kop. 

3 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

Absolutely marvellous - the painter was thrilled by the reaction he got last night and was happy to explain some of the details like the 66 leaves in the tree (left) and the importance of that horseshoe. Fascinating!

so what was the importance of the horseshoe?

27 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

My dad has just told me Derek Dooley was awarded an MBE for services to football, so that'll be it. The artist really did his research ! As regards the Spiksley story that explains why the Queen is a Wednesdayite and wore an Owl on her lapel when she opened the Kop. 

The more you look at it and discuss it, more is revealed. Fascinating 

13 hours ago, hugeowl said:

The painting is superb and the attention to detail unbelievable , the artist was there last night and talked you all the way through it , there is a lot of hidden thought as well like the Starling sat on the FA cup 

My favourite part was when he talked about Terry Curren getting pelted with coins at the Lane and in the picture he is holding one . 

Brilliant . 

They don't change them Heeley scrubbers do they?