SWFC DREAM SCENE

If you release the cheaper version at the same time then you don't ever build the exclusivity value. Sounds like they are following a very tried and trusted method for the world of art

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If you release the cheaper version at the same time then you don't ever build the exclusivity value. Sounds like they are following a very tried and trusted method for the world of art

Can't wait for the postcard to come out then

• Haha 5

The Dream Scene canvases are priced at just £850 and can be purchased in the Megastore or the Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop. 

The canvases come packaged in a large box (1.8 metres x 80cm x 10cm) and all purchases are collection only. 

Smaller lithograph prints of the Dream Scene will also be available shortly – full details will follow.

My guess is they'll be A3 size or there abouts

11 minutes ago, darra said:

The Dream Scene canvases are priced at just £850 and can be purchased in the Megastore or the Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop. 

The canvases come packaged in a large box (1.8 metres x 80cm x 10cm) and all purchases are collection only. 

Smaller lithograph prints of the Dream Scene will also be available shortly – full details will follow.

My guess is they'll be A3 size or there abouts

bet they will be more than a tenner though lol 

• Haha 1

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:25, Manwithastick said:

Why does it sound like I'm 'trying to get myself famous'?

And why would they employ me to paint it? I can't paint. But I can have an opinion on its artistic qualities. He paints like a seaside pier caricaturist.

Glad i didn't do it lol ,but seriously though your opinnion is as valid as anyones if everyone had the same opinnion art would soon become boring

Don't understand the uproar. £850 is a fair price when there's only 150 available for the limited edition ones. 

If you don't want to part with that money, as I don't, then wait for the prints! 

Cant understand why people thought the top end product of the dream scene would be 'affordable for all'. Would be a bit of an issue regarding supply and demand if it was £100-£200.....

On 9/5/2017 at 10:10, Manwithastick said:

Just me that thinks it's artistically awful? I understand the imagery, choice of players etc. but Jamie Cooper's 'style' is awful. His Yankees picture of Ruth,

Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle and Jeter looks like dogs playing poker ffs! Although that might be because they're the  yankees.

On 9/5/2017 at 10:28, Manwithastick said:

Typical Owlstalk. Jamie shouldn't 'quit painting because Manwithastick, longtime owlstalker, thinks he's awful' because obviously others

like his style. Good for them. There's no accounting for taste. He just should't expect an order from me.

On 9/5/2017 at 10:44, Manwithastick said:

Why is it controversial to say you don't like the style of someone's painting? It's nothing more than a subjective viewpoint. 

Maybe it's the impression you give that those who like it are wrong and you are undeniably right, like you are some sort of renowned art critic and we are uneducated novices on the subject.

As such I will respond to you in a similar manner to the disdain you have shown to those who have the temerity to like it - maybe you should consider renaming yourself manwithawhitestick.

Guest Manwithastick
9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe it's the impression you give that those who like it are wrong and you are undeniably right, like you are some sort of renowned art critic and we are uneducated novices on the subject.

As such I will respond to you in a similar manner to the disdain you have shown to those who have the temerity to like it - maybe you should consider renaming yourself manwithawhitestick.

Show me where in any of those posts I suggest anyone else is wrong and I am right?

you can't, because I don't. My opening post even starts with 'just me'.

whilst I'm getting my white stick perhaps I could offer you a free eye examination since I suspect presbyopia has kicked in and you could use a little help reading.

its a painting. I don't like it. I'm only professing MY opinion.