SWFC DREAM SCENE

Sorry for the delay but I was a little bit "shezzered " after Monday night!

the horseshoe belonged  to Ellis Rimmer who took it in to the dressing room as a good luck charm ahead of each of the FA cup games home and away during the 1934/35 season. He scored in every round.

on the day of the 1935 FA cup final he realised he had forgotten to take his horseshoe to Wembley and had to ask someone to bring it down from Sheffield. That person did not arrive until half time and took it into the dressing room. Ellis scored two goals in the second half in the 4-2 win over West Brom.

writing this has given me the same goose bumps I had on Monday night when the story was explained to me by the painter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, owls maniac said:

He appeared on This is your life. I'm assuming that's his red book. 

I well remember the day. I was up at Newcastle Uni studying mining and in digs in S.Shields. I arrived home at the same time as my Landlord and we went into the front room for a cuppa. The telly was on and neither of us were interested. We were just going to switch off when a shiver went through me. 'Leave it on', I said, 'I've a feeling it may be someone we know.'

The first shot was of Eammon Andrews.'His opening words were on the lines of 'We're waiting on the terminus of the station for the arrival of one of the crack express trains from the North, bearing tonight's guest.' 'It's Derek Dooley' I said, not knowing. And it was. We watched the programme, most unusual for us, with tears in our eyes. Memories!.   

4 minutes ago, oli1980 said:

that price is just as off as match day ticket prices.

why are the club not banging out poster type prints at say £50 a pop? Another own goal

I think the idea is that they are collectors items hence only 150 one for each year of the club...Im sure they'll be a cheaper version for the peasants lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

They'd sell hundreds of prints at £100 ish, here's hoping that's what they do when these are gone.

I really hope so, otherwise I'll be using the picture from the website and having my own print done. I don't want to do that as I want my money to go to the club and the artist, but I've been excited about this since the day the idea was announced, and one way or another I'm having a framed version on my wall.

Edited by Whitechapel Owl

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Wow, I assumed £850 was for the original painting, not canvas prints! lol

That said, limited to 150 hikes the price up somewhat as they'll be super rare.

Like you, I hope the Club does a paper print - £35-50 - that I can buy and frame myself.

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Wow, I assumed £850 was for the original painting, not canvas prints! lol

That said, limited to 150 hikes the price up somewhat as they'll be super rare.

Like you, I hope the Club does a paper print - £35-50 - that I can buy and frame myself.

The artist generally sells his prints for £100 - £150 so I expect them to be around that price.

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

That's a fair price I guess given the cost of the canvas prints. Does the artist usually limit prints as well - can see the demand being high at the £100 mark.

Article on the website about it now

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/dream-scene-on-sale-now/

Just noticed this on his Twitter as well! 2000 prints, plenty to go round.