SWFC DREAM SCENE

Got to admit I am very very pleasantly surprised. I think it's excellent. As far as the Bullen debate is concerned I think the pose which is a copy of the photo which hangs in the South Stand entrance showing Bullen totally and utterly shattered after his Cardiff exploits staring with immense pride at the play-off trophy personifies all it is to be Wednesday. Just one thing no manager???

Surely Eric Taylor Mr Sheffield Wednesday himself should be in there somewhere.

P.s Love the Sterland shirt hanging in one of the lockers.

just to put it in context for those who think itis underwhelming , painting true to life people is one of the hardest things to do in Art they have to be spot on or they are no good and people will make a point of telling you so,  now the amount of players this fella has done and to get them correct in looks so you can tell who they are at a glance  is very very good ,but that said different people will see it differently and rightly so ,that is what art is a talking point shall we say as it produces a reaction across the board

Edited by trevdi9

2 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

nope. its like a caricature. look at his non Wednesday pictures (i.e. take off the blue and white specs) - he's an awful artist who has gotten famous

(somehow) flogging stuff to rich American team owners.

What you mean is you don't like the way he paints.

I don't like the way Picasso paints but that doesn't make him an awful artist 

12 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

A superb painting. Even though we might have feared the worst with it going to a fan vote.

I don't think we can argue with the finished painting, there are only a couple of debatable players on there.

The rest are all among our greats. I would suggest Jackie Robinson and Ellis Rimmer deserved to be on there.

And I would've included one of the manager greats on there too. And someone from the club's formative years such as Sir John Charles Clegg?

Jackie Robinson deserved to be on there for being our best wartime player and one of the best players in the country of his generation, during a time when

greats like Stanley Matthews were playing the game. Ellis Rimmer should have been on there for not only being one of our best players during some of our most successful years,

winning the League title twice, the FA Cup once and the Charity Shield once, and for achieving the remarkable rare feat of scoring in every round of the Cup the last time we won the FA Cup in 1935.

But even with a few notable absentees it's still a great concept and it's brilliantly done by the artist. 

My dad watched Wednesday from the 1930's to the 80s and says hes the best player we ever had.

My mates dad who watched us through to the late 90's said exactly the same.

But its not 20 a side so while I don't agree with Walker, and am unsure about Bullen (although my son says he should be in), its fair enough.