SWFC DREAM SCENE

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

curran and bullen 2 players who helped get us out the 3 rd division .....mark hooper won us 2 championships and the FA  cup played over 400 games scored over a 100 goals so I don't think the criteria for getting on had anything to do with being a legend ,to me it's more a random selection of players of players from the different era's 

It was voted for by the fans so not a random selection of players.  If Ellis Rimmer had got enough votes he would have been on.

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Think the question should be , why is Lee Bullen on it ?  Never been a legend, steady player but not a legend .

I think the answer is to do with the fact that he captained the club to promotion, played in every position, won some silverware and if we had to choose a player from the post prem relegation era to reflect the historic nature of the painting, he was a decent choice to be fair.

42 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

The painting is superb and the attention to detail unbelievable , the artist was there last night and talked you all the way through it , there is a lot of hidden thought as well like the Starling sat on the FA cup 

My favourite part was when he talked about Terry Curren getting pelted with coins at the Lane and in the picture he is holding one . 

Brilliant . 

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the Starling. Can you tell me the significance of the plants? Is one an olive tree? The more I look at the painting, more subtle information is revealed. It's brilliant.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the Starling. Can you tell me the significance of the plants? Is one an olive tree? The more I look at the painting, more subtle information is revealed. It's brilliant.

Clue Red Fearn !

• Like 1

Guest Manwithastick

Just me that thinks it's artistically awful? I understand the imagery, choice of players etc. but Jamie Cooper's 'style' is awful. His Yankees picture of Ruth,

Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle and Jeter looks like dogs playing poker ffs! Although that might be because they're the  yankees.

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Just me that thinks it's artistically awful? I understand the imagery, choice of players etc. but Jamie Cooper's 'style' is awful. His Yankees picture of Ruth,

Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle and Jeter looks like dogs playing poker ffs! Although that might be because they're the fucking yankees.

Are you mad?

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle and Jeter looks like dogs playing poker ffs! Although that might be because they're the fucking yankees.

Yep, so far it's just you

Guest Manwithastick

nope. its like a caricature. look at his non Wednesday pictures (i.e. take off the blue and white specs) - he's an awful artist who has gotten famous

(somehow) flogging stuff to rich American team owners.

1 minute ago, Manwithastick said:

nope. its like a caricature. look at his non Wednesday pictures (i.e. take off the blue and white specs) - he's an awful artist who has gotten famous

Sounds like you're trying to get yourself famous on here

Perhaps the club should have employed you to paint it.

10 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it awful and I am no Brian Sewell when it comes to art but I don't understand people wetting themselves about it. Perhaps you have to see the original in the flesh to the full effect but my feeling towards it is 6 out of 10.

Guest Manwithastick
2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Sounds like you're trying to get yourself famous on here

Perhaps the club should have employed you to paint it.

Why does it sound like I'm 'trying to get myself famous'?

And why would they employ me to paint it? I can't paint. But I can have an opinion on its artistic qualities. He paints like a seaside pier caricaturist.

6 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Yep, Jamie should quit painting because Manwithastick, long time owlstalker, thinks he's awful.

Guest Manwithastick

Typical Owlstalk. Jamie shouldn't 'quit painting because Manwithastick, longtime owlstalker, thinks he's awful' because obviously others

like his style. Good for them. There's no accounting for taste. He just should't expect an order from me.

Just now, Manwithastick said:

Typical Owlstalk. Jamie shouldn't 'quit painting because Manwithastick, longtime owlstalker, thinks he's awful' because obviously others

like his style. Good for them. There's no accounting for taste. He just should't expect an order from me.

Why are you so angry about something you're not going to buy?

lol

Owlstalk Shop