Forestieri to Fulham 12m

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Maybe this situation is entirely different, and rather than being two individuals who don't get on, it's a case of one player's behaviour turning the majority of the squad against him?

We don't know, but what we do know is that Forestieri played the best football of his career under Carlos' management, so those who are trying to suggest that a hypothetical new manager would come in and suddenly everything would be sorted are misguided, in my opinion.

True, but you'd think things would have to be pretty bad to ship out our most effective player over the last 2 years for the sake of team harmony. 

I just wonder how effective CC's man management is when you consider the number of players that seem to have been left out to dry for prolonged periods.

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Whilst I agree with much of that. He needs to go IMO in this window and £12m+ is a massive mark-up. It would also help towards paying CC off and giving a new man some funds which again I hope happens.

If it secures the removal of CC then I'm in.

Done deal.

Hate to say this because on his day he is a class above.However, his head and heart is not in the team anymore and for this we should accept offers in the region of 12m. I would also consider Wolves resolve on Rhodes. Winnal deserves far more games and is proven at this level. The money should then be used wisely. Mulgrew, Dean and then Hanley on loan, we don't need Jota, that would just give us a new headache come matchday selection. 

Not going to be a popular move but IMO the only other option is to keep everybody but bring in a new Manager who can get the best out of them playing in their rightful positions, playing with the confidence, freedom and flair from 2 seasons ago. I preferred it when Carlos didn't know English football and gave the players the freedom to impress.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Probably because you've been hammering people all year for wanting to part with after his antics. But, surely now even you can see it's the right time.

"hammering" is a slight exaggeration. 

I stood up for him last season a bit when we got a thread every time he had a bad game calling him this and that. Though the reactions and the accusations were way over the top. 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

mine genuine question not trying to be funny

you dont want him sold but what would change if we kept him ?

Where have I said I don't want him sold?!?!

It was a response to JV's threat that he will buy a season ticket next to me if we do sell him for 11 million.

For what it is worth I think it is time for him to move on and indicated that about 3 pages ago.

Flip me. 

I would sell for 12mil. Then spend the lot on a CB and a LB as we are getting rinsed down the left side as yesterday showed AGAIN! Fox isn't a footballer and Pudil cant play CB as Mason bullying him and out jumping him yesterday for the goal proves this. A good CB would of easily won that header and put mason on his arse while doing it. If Venancio turns out to be a good in then LB and LW but down the left needs addressing sooner rather than later. 

Just now, SiJ said:

"hammering" is a slight exaggeration. 

I stood up for him last season a bit when we got a thread every time he had a bad game calling him this and that. Though the reactions and the accusations were way over the top. 

Where have I said I don't want him sold?!?!

It was a response to JV's threat that he will buy a season ticket next to me if we do sell him for 11 million.

For what it is worth I think it is time for him to move on and indicated that about 3 pages ago.

Flip me. 

fair dos obviously missed that interaction 

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Either way, genuine promotion candidates don't let their most talented player leave to a rival.

Nail on head. Can't say I like his attitude but he has a history of having a productive first season. Don't want Fulham to have the benefit of that right now.

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

True, but you'd think things would have to be pretty bad to ship out our most effective player over the last 2 years for the sake of team harmony. 

I just wonder how effective CC's man management is when you consider the number of players that seem to have been left out to dry for prolonged periods.

Yeah, it would. I don't know, but I suspect his refusal to play last season, the bike protest against Fletcher's wages, and telling Carlos he found it difficult to play in his best position on the left - which seemingly prompted Hooper's comments about being willing to play as a winger to get a game - may suggest that he's become a negative influence. Who knows what's really going on at the training ground, though?

Other than McGugan, I can't think of any other players who've been left out for similar issues under Carlos?