Forestieri to Fulham 12m

16 minutes ago, mogbad said:

We could also go up without him if we played a system & that supplied the ammunition for Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall & Fletcher.  A group of strikers that any other club in the Championship would die for & would probably score goals for fun.

Agree with that too

21 minutes ago, whatdial said:

I agree if he doesn't want to be here, but I can't see us spending the money by the end of the window 

Yeah i know. The FF thing will go to the wire. All too late. You can see this season being a write off already. Frustrating.

For starters It's only The Sun so is most likely bo11ocks.

The problem with the idea of selling him and reinvesting the money to make us a better team is it relies on Carlos spending the money wisely, and looking at his track record in the transfer market that's unlikely to happen.

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Take the money for me. 

Just dont let CC spend any of it.

I've  a feeling that Carlos has very little to do with spending, our forward selection has all the hall marks of a wealthy owner on an ego trip. I further don't think thar Unai Emery had very much to do with the signing of Neymar, the only manager that I think can influence huge signings is Jose.

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There are a lot of plums on this forum with zero business acumen.  Thankfully, they are not dealing with our transfer negotiations. 

If there is an offer of £12million on the table, I think we should sell even if it is to a rival as long as the monies get reinvested in the team. It's clear there has been issues over the last 12 months and it is absolutely pointless having a player of that ability on the bench or not in the 18.

Well doh yeh I think if there s a bid on the table for 12m we'd obviously take it. We're hardly going to go back and say cheers Fulham but wed be happy with 2/3m if you'd rather pay that.

If there's someone stupid enough to pay 12m for him I find that utterly amazing so cash in right now.

Don't see this been true however as I can't see anyone wanting to pay that for him

Edited by poite

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

We would be pi55ing ourselves if the scrubbers were talking like this, happy to sell their best player to a rival. try and get his head right for starters, he's in the match day squad so we haven't got a McGugan situation here.

Hanley on loan and another centre mide possibly and lets go. I'd sooner see Carlos leave than Forestieri because another manager might just make all the difference and I'd rather play Utd with him in the team than not. 

I think you've forgotten how good he can be.

Depends on the situation though. If he's fallen out with the other players or decided he wants to go it doesn't matter who is in charge.

Put Fessi's name in an OP on Owlstalk and sit back as 100 pages are written. That tells you how important we perceive him to be.

Big call for the club if this offer has any substance. Personally, if we aren't going to build the team around him I would sell for that kind of money and see if Matias can provide the kind of magic he brings.

Alternatively, do a loan or swap deal - don't laugh but Aluko has the kind of speed we were lacking yesterday. 

23 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Currently, despite FF being completely useless over the past months I'd rather see CC go and FF under a different manager. 

As things stand we need FF more than we need CC. 

Agree mate, we do need him. Nando has shown time and again he's can be a match winner. We might not find anyone that good who's available and wants to come here even at 12m, which is anyway probably not true. The focus should be integrating him back in the team. He offers something no one else has and right now we need that flair. 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After seeing how Pearson did at Derby, I'd not touch him with a barge pole.

Indeed. A lot of people seem to be in the anyone but Carlos camp. If someone of the calibre of Pearson comes in they will soon realise the grass isn't always greener.

36 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Yeah i know. The FF thing will go to the wire. All too late. You can see this season being a write off already. Frustrating.

If it goes to the wire it puts us in a good position when the window opens in January, just hope it's not too late by then

5 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Put Fessi's name in an OP on Owlstalk and sit back as 100 pages are written. That tells you how important we perceive him to be.

Big call for the club if this offer has any substance. Personally, if we aren't going to build the team around him I would sell for that kind of money and see if Matias can provide the kind of magic he brings.

Alternatively, do a loan or swap deal - don't laugh but Aluko has the kind of speed we were lacking yesterday. 

£12m plus him would be a great bit of business wouldn't it.

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Indeed. A lot of people seem to be in the anyone but Carlos camp. If someone of the calibre of Pearson comes in they will soon realise the grass isn't always greener.

Yes he struggled at Derby but there were other issues going on there .

Not saying he'd be the answer here but he has done enough as a manger to be a consideration.

Guest Deleted member
13 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

It's clear to me that Forestieri has been engineering a move.

I only hope we have targets lined up to immediately reinvest 

Forestieri has been engineered into a move by a club desperate for cash

Wake up man