Forestieri to Fulham 12m

14 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

True, but you'd think things would have to be pretty bad to ship out our most effective player over the last 2 years for the sake of team harmony. 

I just wonder how effective CC's man management is when you consider the number of players that seem to have been left out to dry for prolonged periods.

I love watching him when he is interested.. but when was he last effective.

he had the chance to be effective by putting the pen away v hudds 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, it would. I don't know, but I suspect his refusal to play last season, the bike protest against Fletcher's wages, and telling Carlos he found it difficult to play in his best position on the left - which seemingly prompted Hooper's comments about being willing to play as a winger to get a game - may suggest that he's become a negative influence. Who knows what's really going on at the training ground, though?

Other than McGugan, I can't think of any other players who've been left out for similar issues under Carlos?

Lachman

McGugan

Abdi (mixture of fitness and supposed loss of form)

Emanuelson (god knows)

Forestieri

McGeady

McManaman

All the above have had strange absences from squads- even George Hirst seems to have disappeared from the U23's.

Maybe there are outside influences amongst this lot, but it's quite a long list of players when you consider hes only been here 2 years.

20 minutes ago, Zlin Owl said:

Hate to say this because on his day he is a class above.However, his head and heart is not in the team anymore and for this we should accept offers in the region of 12m. I would also consider Wolves resolve on Rhodes. Winnal deserves far more games and is proven at this level. The money should then be used wisely. Mulgrew, Dean and then Hanley on loan, we don't need Jota, that would just give us a new headache come matchday selection. 

Not going to be a popular move but IMO the only other option is to keep everybody but bring in a new Manager who can get the best out of them playing in their rightful positions, playing with the confidence, freedom and flair from 2 seasons ago. I preferred it when Carlos didn't know English football and gave the players the freedom to impress.

All this noise -  so tedious. Again.

He may be one of the best players, but we are a better team without him.  Far too disruptive, as we are once more witnessing.

Hasn't peformed consistently for over a season...If Fulham offer £12m i'l drive him there myself.

If he does go I just hope we get decent value for him - an area where we historically tend to slip up.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Just now, billyblack said:

Im sure he hit anothet half assed penalty in the season as well. Was it against Brighton? Not sure

Maybe he's a victim of the success of his first season? Perhaps he over performed and people expect too much now?

Could be argued he set the bar and should have maintained that standard obviously.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Maybe he's a victim of the success of his first season? Perhaps he over performed and people expect too much now?

Could be argued he set the bar and should have maintained that standard obviously.

We just need to get as much money as we can for him.

He had his best season ever with us in 15/16. 

Perhaps the player we saw last season (who was good, not great) is more reflective of the standards he generally delivers. 

He's 27 years of age (28 in Jan?) and has had a pretty nomadic career up until his move to Watford. 

No denying Nando's ability and talent, but what probably makes him a very good Championship player is his application. 

When he's on it, he's a fantastic player. There are times though when he looks like he'd rather be anywhere than a football pitch. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Lachman

McGugan

Abdi (mixture of fitness and supposed loss of form)

Emanuelson (god knows)

Forestieri

McGeady

McManaman

All the above have had strange absences from squads- even George Hirst seems to have disappeared from the U23's.

Maybe there are outside influences amongst this lot, but it's quite a long list of players when you consider hes only been here 2 years.

The common denominator I can see here is they all believe there own hype.

Don't think that's a coincidence.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

We just need to get as much money as we can for him.

Can't disagree or agree really without knowing the ins and outs. Just a shame it's come to this, as he's one of the most entertaining players we have had for the last 20 years, and won't be easily replaced.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Can't disagree or agree really without knowing the ins and outs. Just a shame it's come to this, as he's one of the most entertaining players we have had for the last 20 years, and won't be easily replaced.

He won't, but then his role in recent times has been reduced to that of "super" sub. 

I've seen the suggestion that a new manager might change things...but I just get the sense that Nando wants out of SWFC, regardless of who is in charge. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He had his best season ever with us in 15/16. 

Perhaps the player we saw last season (who was good, not great) is more reflective of the standards he generally delivers. 

He's 27 years of age (28 in Jan?) and has had a pretty nomadic career up until his move to Watford. 

No denying Nando's ability and talent, but what probably makes him a very good Championship player is his application. 

When he's on it, he's a fantastic player. There are times though when he looks like he'd rather be anywhere than a football pitch. 

Entirely reasonable suggestion.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Depends what sell on clause Watford have I guess too 

Not sure they'd had one tbh. 

You usually would have a sell on clause for a young and upcoming prospect. 

By the time we signed FF he was 26. We also got him for a modest 3 million. Suggests that Watford didn't exactly value him all that much when they decided to offload him. 

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

The common denominator I can see here is they all believe there own hype.

Don't think that's a coincidence.

Lots of 20 odd year old blokes earning thousands a week will have big egos. CC's job is to deal with them and get the best out of them. Not throw them aside at the earliest opportunity- that's if it's all down to CC who's involved and who isn't. There are a few names on that list that I have a feeling he had little to do with.