Forestieri to Fulham 12m

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I agree with that completely

And that's why Carlos has pissed him off to the extent he doesn't feel part of us anymore

If DC wanted to sell him, he'd sell him

Not go through some ridiculous rigmarole of CC weeing him off

Fact is, CC has become completely fed up of his behavior, the players have become completely fed up of his behavior and he's a saleable asset for a team that is close to the FFP limit.

You want to know what the problem is? The players backed him to the hilt after his episode at the beginning of last season. They backed him when he sulked for weeks about his contract.

Now he wants a change. And all those people who stood by him have realized their loyalty meant jack.

Trust. Broken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Ok. This is how it looks to me

As I've said elsewhere this morning

We spend £10m on JR this summer, which we committed to at the last minute in January.

We've sold nobody, or bought anybody since

CC says we are at the FFP line before season starts in Radio Sheffield Fans Forum

Chairman tells everybody we bid £6m for Morrison at Cardiff

Chairman launches scheme for fans to lend him £2k a piece to help us with FFP

More and more statements referencing FFP are made

Clearly the club has an issue and really needs to bring our spending imbalance down, players need to go

Our best and most valuable player is publicly outed in a vague statement suggesting he won't play on the left

Fans jump on vague statement suggesting FF is a w****** and needs to go

A training ground incident is publicised involving FF who it is announced has been suspended (no need whatsoever, could have said he's picked up a knock)

More fans jump on the FF Out bandwagon

Next week FF will be sold and jubilant fans will celebrate us offloading our best player, leading goalscorer in last 2 seasons and the player who had created more goals for others too.

The fans are being played by PR experts at the club, fans think the club is in the best position it's ever been when in reality we are standing at the edge of huge financial problems. 

People need to wake up and smell the coffee. I don't care how much money the Chairman had allegedly got, he had to work within the FFP rules and he's blown the budget on a team that has a poor left back standing in at centre half

Agree completely, that's how it appears. 

But what can we do? The club has messed up with FFP spending money on players we don't need. To be perfectly honest I'd rather us sell FF and sign a big no nonsense centre half who is going to cut out stupid goals we concede like yesterdays. And also a holding midfielder who can stay fit and cope when coming up against physical players. 

Its not an ideal situation, and the club need to be held accountable for the ridiculous and reckless spending since Wembley. But if selling FF means we can strengthen in areas we really need, I think we have to do it.

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And that's why Carlos has pissed him off to the extent he doesn't feel part of us anymore

I haven't read the entire thread so apologise if you've already mentioned it, but do you have inside info or is this just your opinion? I'm not having a go I'm just curious as to what's going on

Perhaps the Winnall incident was the straw that broke the camel's back (for both). 

I think the club and Nando have reached a decision that it's time for him to move on (for the reason outlined above). 

Great player, but it's become a farce in the last 12 months (partly due to him, partly down to others). 

30 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He isn't performing at the level he was because he, like 8 out of 11 others arnt getting regular game time. He is also not playing in his best position (wide left) where he was outstanding in Cc's first season. The vision of him running past defenders and cutting inside was a joy to watch. Some people have short memories. 

IF....and only IF he was said to DC that he doesn't want to play for us any more then it is sensible to let him go. Personally I doubt that is the case. Frustration at not being Top Dog anymore and uncertainty as to how and where he is expected to play possibly is his problem. 

He needs handling properly and CC seems to have lost plot with him. 

CC or FF  that is the question for DC. 

Who will give him the best return. 

It's not as simple as a choice between Carlos and Forestieri though, is it?

For all we know, Forestieri may have burned his bridges with some of his teammates, as was insinuated by Carlos when discussing his ban, meaning that this theoretical new manager would inherit the same mess to unpick.

There also seems to be an assumption that this hypothetical new manager would instantly hit it off with Forestieri, build his team around him, and get him playing the best football of his career (since Carlos last did this, at least), but there's absolutely no guarantee of this, is there? A succession of managers at Watford didn't build their team around him, so why would we assume that any new manager here would?

The whole situation is a mess, but those trying to frame it as a choice between Carlos and Forestieri are wrong, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Like pissed him off that he 

Refused to play

Got sent off against Preston ( i believe in the transfer window ) 

Telling the Manager he preferred  to not play in the position  the manager wanted him to ( and that everyone can see its his best slot)

Storming out off training after Winnall had dared to tackle him 

Showing no respect to the Manager Chairman and fans by going on his bike protest 

When he took that penalty he looked half arsed .

Tell me any current squad player that has done any of these while Carlos has been here ? 

Best player at the club but toxic . 

Very few of us are going to know exactly what is going off here. 

I think we can all draw our own conclusions and some of those won't be too far away from the "truth". 

Well apart from the opinion of JV who knows the inner workings of Wednesday and the exact amount of money which Fulham have to spend. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Do you work at Fulham? 

I mean you sit here and knock Nixon and yet you expect us to take you - a f*cking know bugger all Leeds fan - as gospel. 

Ok then. 

Do I need to?

You can access official accounts through this thing called the internet mate.

If you accept a £12m bid from Fulham, I'll buy a season ticket at SWFC next season and sit besides you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Like pissed him off that he 

Refused to play

Got sent off against Preston ( i believe in the transfer window ) 

Telling the Manager he preferred  to not play in the position  the manager wanted him to ( and that everyone can see its his best slot)

Storming out off training after Winnall had dared to tackle him 

Showing no respect to the Manager Chairman and fans by going on his bike protest 

When he took that penalty he looked half arsed .

Tell me any current squad player that has done any of these while Carlos has been here ? 

Best player at the club but toxic . 

The penalty, sending off and the position thing are wrong. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not as simple as a choice between Carlos and Forestieri though, is it?

For all we know, Forestieri may have burned his bridges with some of his teammates, as was insinuated by Carlos when discussing his ban, meaning that this theoretical new manager would inherit the same mess to unpick.

There also seems to be an assumption that this hypothetical new manager would instantly hit it off with Forestieri, build his team around him, and get him playing the best football of his career (since Carlos last did this, at least), but there's absolutely no guarantee of this, is there? A succession of managers at Watford didn't build their team around him, so why would we assume that any new manager here would?

The whole situation is a mess, but those trying to frame it as a choice between Carlos and Forestieri are wrong, in my opinion.

Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham couldn't stand each other but both stayed at the club- Sir Alex coped and got the best out of both. Why can't Carlos handle these situations?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, just visiting said:

Do I need to?

You can access official accounts through this thing called the internet mate.

If you accept a £12m bid from Fulham, I'll buy a season ticket at SWFC next season and sit besides you.

Dear SWFC, 

Whatever you do, do not accept a 12 million bid from Fulham for Fernando Forestieri. 

Kind Regards, 

SiJ 

• Haha 5

Here's my two peneth

FF threw the toys out of the pram at the beginning of last season when we signed Fletcher on £30k a week whilst FF was reportedly on £20k

Hes plainly not happy if he's not the main man, hence his insistence on playing up top when a blind man can see he's far better on the left

The training ground incident was obviously his doing as he was dropped whilst Winnall started the next game 

If as we are led to believe he won't play out wide then it is pointless him being here as there are 5 other players who get a start up front ahead of him

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I'd happily sell FF for big money, then throw some at Brentford for Dean and Jota. Job done.

..but not Hooper or Bannan. They're central to what we're doing here. 

Edited by wilyfox