OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD - BURTON 1 : 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

7 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

I agree it's our effective pairing but surely you take midweek into account? It's what game management is all about.

Rhodes will have had confidence and Carlos has rewarded it with a place on the bench.

I'm a Rhodes fan but Hooper and Fletcher is the right pick as things stand. Strong bench today.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I don't see meh.

Love that line-up

I see it as a line up that's designed on frustrating and hard work.

Nothing wrong with that, per se. And as I say, it's perhaps whats needed for a tough away game.

There's very little exciting about it. 

But, like the entirety of last season, it's just something where going to have to get used to.

• Like 1

Good morning Glory Hole Gang. Just woke up, It's 9.36 am here. 

Looks like another excellent thread Pauli, although I haven't read it yet, I shall do so later when I can be arsed.

Burton Suits 0 Wednesday 30 (Hooper 10, Fletcher 10, Rhodes 10). Not seen the line up yet btw!

For all those into wet stuff, the international streams are on

Arena Sport 1 (Slovakia)

Bein Sports MENA HD 12

Diema Sport 2

Sportdigital TV

SportKlub 2 (Slovenia)

Viasat Jalkapello (Finland)

SportKlub 6 (Croatia)

And the ever reliable Armed Forces Network of course. COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

A very good day to you all, just getting my two'penneth in before kick off - as ever mi'lud's rousing introduction proves worthy of the many compliments he's received and may I add my own.

It may not be the most glamorous opposition or the most intimidating setting, but it's hard to understate the significance of today's game in setting the tone for the season. Win today and we go into the international break on 8 points and mixed well in among most of the pre-season contenders in the table. We'll have salvaged ourselves from a disastrous start in a season where we really need to kick on - it's still not overly good, but it could have been a lot worse.

Fail to win and you don't need me to tell you about the meltdown that will ensue. The Carlos out brigade will be out in full force and the howling will only intensify when we inevitably don't make a statement signing between now and the end of the window. It's likely that the mutinous atmosphere would take us much closer Carlos' departure and us having a new, probably not much better manager who has been lumped with a squad assembled by somebody else without any time to craft it to their own liking. 

So all in all today is rather crucial. Pleased to see us reprising the line up that delivered us a crucial win last week at Fulham, but also one that contains plenty of players eager to make amends for mid week's shambolic showing in Bolton. Hooper and Fletcher almost certainly provide us with that crucial goal threat, and it should always be remembered that especially away from home, it doesn't matter how the wins come, as long as they come.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Burton 1-2 Wednesday 

(Akins 25, Bannan 77, Rhodes 90+1)