OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD - BURTON 1 : 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Fantastic OMTD Lord - I'm properly reyt angry now, might even shake my fist at the radio later on.

I'm usually really optimistic about Wednesday, but can see us struggling to get any passing going.

Still can't bring myself to say we'll lose though!

1-1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Should be available on drought in every public house in this City!

Apparently it was on as a guest at the Gardeners the other week and there was nearly a stampede.

I can't be sure if that was a deliberate misspelling of 'draught 'or not. If it was deliberate I take my hat off to you Lord Snoots, a masterpiece. 

CC thinks mighty Burton away is one of the hardest fixtures in the Championship.

How do  we ever hope to progress when we have this Irvine/CC attitude. bigging up the opposition.

Burton albions ground is a shitthole and we should be burying these type of teams if we have any aspirations for success,

Really can't see anything other than a defeat today, think they will bully us around today and we always seem to struggle against teams like that.

That said I did think we'd get smashed Fulham and we came away with the win so comon CC and the boys, prove me wrong! UTO

1 hour ago, Coyt said:

Really can't see anything other than a defeat today, think they will bully us around today and we always seem to struggle against teams like that.

That said I did think we'd get smashed Fulham and we came away with the win so comon CC and the boys, prove me wrong! UTO

Yes, I agree with you. Fulham at least play the type of football CC understands, whereas Burton don't. We'll do well to get a point.

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

The one redeeming feature of Stones bitter was that it was not Wards - the latter tasted as vile as the team it once sponsored.

Stones was also the Stella of its day turning rational capable men into gibbering wrecks. I remember it taking 5 goes to get my Step Dad up the stairs after a wedding session.

Once you had discovered Theakston breweries then Sheffield beers were quickly discarded

Heretic, Wards was the amber nectar of Sheffield, pure ambrosia.  OK the team that they sponsored was an abomination but the ale was outstanding.

Theakstons bitter was pish, the original 'old peculiar' was a masterpiece but it's never been the same since they sold out.in 1987.

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

Heretic, Wards was the amber nectar of Sheffield, pure ambrosia.  OK the team that they sponsored was an abomination but the ale was outstanding.

Theakstons bitter was pish, the original 'old peculiar' was a masterpiece but it's never been the same since they sold out.in 1987.

See it's all about opinions and I really never liked it. Indeed non of the lads did and any pub crawl would deliberately miss a Wards place. 

In fact it was that bad we would go to places that sold Whitbread Trophy on electric pump in preference.

Saying that as a nod to the home team today one of my favourite pints was Bass hand pull but only in The George pub in Hull. 

30 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

CC thinks mighty Burton away is one of the hardest fixtures in the Championship.

How do  we ever hope to progress when we have this Irvine/CC attitude. bigging up the opposition.

Burton albions ground is a shitthole and we should be burying these type of teams if we have any aspirations for success,

Benitez did the same when Newcastle played away there last Christmas. 

You can call it defeatist. Or guarding against complacency. 

If it was as simple as big clubs with big budgets brushing asides smaller clubs at will, there would be no such thing as a FA Cup giant killing.

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

In fact it was that bad we would go to places that sold Whitbread Trophy on electric pump in preference.

Ye Gods! 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Saying that as a nod to the home team today one of my favourite pints was Bass hand pull but only in The George pub in Hull. 

A fine pub. 

Giant Yorkshire pudding with gravy and a pint of Bass, the only good experience I've had of that City!

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Benitez did the same when Newcastle played away there last Christmas. 

You can call it defeatist. Or guarding against complacency. 

If it was as simple as big clubs with big budgets brushing asides smaller clubs at will, there would be no such thing as a FA Cup giant killing.

Its not a case of brushing asides smaller clubs or being complacent.

Its a case of being positive and worrying more about how we play than how they play.

That is how CC s become.

More worried about losing than winning.