OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD - BURTON 1 : 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

1 minute ago, Toronto_Owl said:

If Rhodes can't get in after bagging two goals, what does he have to do?

This can't be good for player confidence, especially as Hooper hasn't yet scored this season.

It's not good to have so many players questioning what they have to do to get in the team surely.

How about perform in the games that matter?

The side on Tuesday, had no bearing on today's game.

If Rhodes would have performed in the games against Preston & QPR, then maybe he would be starting. Instead, he didn't, he was anonymous, and Hooper & Fletcher, two guys who didn't start the first game of the season, have come in and took their chances.

Rhodes can have no complaints. He's been a passenger in the league games he's started this season (and for much of last season as well). Forget reputations, and consider players based on what they bring to the side.

4 minutes ago, Toronto_Owl said:

If Rhodes can't get in after bagging two goals, what does he have to do?

This can't be good for player confidence, especially as Hooper hasn't yet scored this season.

It's not good to have so many players questioning what they have to do to get in the team surely.

Who are you dropping to fit him in ?

Midweek he's said with his actions to Hooper and Fletch "you slip up and i'm in " 

Why should Hooper or Fletch be dropped from a winning team ?

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

How about perform in the games that matter?

The side on Tuesday, had no bearing on today's game.

If Rhodes would have performed in the games against Preston & QPR, then maybe he would be starting. Instead, he didn't, he was anonymous, and Hooper & Fletcher, two guys who didn't start the first game of the season, have come in and took their chances.

Rhodes can have no complaints. He's been a passenger in the league games he's started this season (and for much of last season as well). Forget reputations, and consider players based on what they bring to the side.

Good post. 

one thing though, even if we dont 'forget reputations'  - Hooper & Fletch have done it at a higher level than Rhodes anyway.

All Rhodes rep' stems from this division,  the other two have done it at a higher standard.

i know you know that, i also know that a few on here dont..

• Thanks 1

Hooper has scored, despite being against Chesterfield. Forget the cup games the only competition either of them has scored in, Hooper has been better than Rhodes in the league games, makes his teammates better. Him and Fletcher are proven to be an effective partnership as well. 

Just now, Toronto_Owl said:

Reltuation has nothing to do with the fact Rhodes netted twice in a game where everyone's else performed poorly.

seriously mate, whether he scores or not, Hooper is one of the first on the team sheet. 

If he played like a typical number 9 for us you may have a point.. but he selflessly plays different to that, for the teams sake. and tbh we are pretty toothless without it.

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

First time using iFollow today. Am I being thick? How do I listen to the game? Doesn't let me even though I've paid on the app, and can't work it out on the website. Advice appreciated in advance.

on the official site fixtures tab click on Match Centre then sign in then click listen live

32 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I see it as a line up that's designed on frustrating and hard work.

Nothing wrong with that, per se. And as I say, it's perhaps whats needed for a tough away game.

There's very little exciting about it. 

But, like the entirety of last season, it's just something where going to have to get used to.

This. Not the most exciting looking team by any means, but no problem with keeping a winning team.