OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD - BURTON 1 : 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Quality OMDT as per. Aah, the nostalgia of hand pulled Stones. We used to start a Friday eventide libation in the Alexander, consuming vast amounts before heading uphill to the bright lights in search of wuxom benches.

Still, to football. The plagiarist Brewers no less. A jack boot kick to the nads of confidence last season, please can we win & go into the 2 week break feeling good?

Go on then, I'll say 2-1 to the Owls. Even though I really think we'll lose again!

A most confusing game to predict. I dare say most of the country are scratching their tetes as they fill in their fixed odds.

UTO.

9 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Its not a case of brushing asides smaller clubs or being complacent.

Its a case of being positive and worrying more about how we play than how they play.

That is how CC s become.

More worried about losing than winning.

He might be to the press, to quell the expectatuon of the support.

But on the training ground I'm sure he's positive with the lads and telling them how they can win the game. 

19 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Its not a case of brushing asides smaller clubs or being complacent.

Its a case of being positive and worrying more about how we play than how they play.

That is how CC s become.

More worried about losing than winning.

very true

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Please please please Carlos have the players fired up from the very first minute, don't leave it until your half time team talk. 

Have you seen us play?

We will set up to negate Burton (yes the mighty Burton! no disrespect intended but they are not one of the divisions flair teams) from the off, keep it tight, saving ourselves for a 30 minute spell in the second half where we hope to nick a goal. If we get a goal, we will sit deep and try to see out the game, if we don't we will still sit deep to try and protect a point. 

This is plan A, B, C and D....but I have a feeling it will work today, simply because some of Burton's better players are potentially out and they don't have the squad depth to compensate.

I think he'll go with the side that bested Fulham. Or as near as.

Perhaps Rhodes for Fletcher if his knee is still sore. Though he did have Tuesday night off.

20882051_10156017801651111_7000210680585

• Boyd in for Wallace make sense with his leg work and defensive abilities.

• Expect to see Jones back in after  the Abdi experiment failed in the week.

• Will Pudil continue at centre half where his ability to play out from the back has been something of a bonus? Or will the new lad get a start?

• Fox at full back to make us more solid or Reach on the overlap?

• Hooper to play his deeper lying role or higher up in tandem with Fletch?

• What of FF.?  A match winner for sure but if we go on form then surely his 5/10 performance in the week hasn't been enough to dislodge any of the others. ..

Questions,  questions. ...

Edited by Lord Snooty

11 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

I have always drunk stones am now as it goes but I am very much a dying breed such a shame the young uns don't know what real ale is 

As far as alcohol is concerned we now have what we refer to as the sugar coated generation. Need to have everything diluted down with sweet tasting pop becouse the mollycoddled Li'll darlings can't drink real drinks. Oh I love Jack Daniel's drowned in coke. lol

Afternoon Chums

Don't know F all about Yorkshire beer having left in 1971 for the southern south where beer is all shi*e

To keep you up to speed Ollie is still with us but now doesn't know his name, who I am, what time it is or whether the popes catholic. However he still eats his dinner and has full control of his bowels......unlike me!

This pre season has been the worst I can remember........too many forwards too few defenders and a midfield full of prima donnas...........typical Wednesday then.

Sell FF

Sell JR

Sell Big Dave (in anyone will have him and buy 2 players with some giant testicles otherwise I fear Lord S will have inherited the OMDT prior to his suicide off the Humber Bridge just before Christmas.

Todays result

and Carlos

Ollie doesn't even know what day of the week it is but I'll say 1-0 and Carlos out

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Please please please Carlos have the players fired up from the very first minute, don't leave it until your half time team talk. 

Not one goal in our last 10 first halves.....

Carlos saying it's one of the hardest aways...

Jones presumably told we have to show patience today...

Three-nil up HT?

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ye Gods! 

A fine pub. 

Giant Yorkshire pudding with gravy and a pint of Bass, the only good experience I've had of that City!

Snoots !!!!!!!

You have forgotten Daisy.

Unbeaten league run on the line if she isn't spotted on here by 2.59.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Snoots !!!!!!!

You have forgotten Daisy.

Unbeaten league run on the line if she isn't spotted on here by 2.59.

Good heavens! You're quite right. 

Not lost a league game since she became the totem!

We need to break our first half scoring duck.

Today, is now that day.

YEE-HAW!

jf3fpGq (1).jpg