Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

I see what he's trying to do but who from how I understand it you are basically paying £1500 for three years worth of season tickets but only if we go up? I can't imagine a lot of Wednesday fans having access to that sort of money in one go. Also what if we don't go up? Why isn't the club trying to attract major sponsors for the stands etc to raise income? (they might be of course.) 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If you allege a football chairman has broken the rules that govern football that's something you ought to have the evidence to back up. 

don't be a tailface, for a start there are those clubs that HAVE got punished for breaking FFP rules (that planned to go up and avoid punishment, but failed).Secondly, I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, rather im merely mulling over the idea that dc has possibly found a way around said rules, without breaking any laws.

11 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

It sounded like the club had an easy ride after saying we bid £6m for a defender (but don't tell anyone) at the meeting.

CC has said we wouldn't have bought Boyd if a fee was involved. Since then we lost out to Djouro (a free agent), been heavily linked with Alan Hutton and reportedly bid £100k for a defender from a League One club. Is it smelling fishy yet?

CC has hinted in several interviews that players might be sold.

I've been receiving neg marks all through the summer from experts on here who have been saying FFP wasn't an issue. Where have they disappeared to?

I'm going to get a lot more neg marks for this, but if something smells of sh!t it usually is sh!t. I never believed the £6m bid and if you did may your God go with you.

1. Warnock confirmed the bid for Morrison (though not the fee).

2. Boyd - reckon he was signed up as a cheap wide midfield option. We've previously signed these types on loan (paid next to nowt), perhaps Carlos wouldn't have been interested in adding depth out wide if it had taken up too much of his budget?

3. A 2 bob journalist has linked us with two players.

4. FFP is what you want it to be. Many have ignored it, spent, and have squads to win promotion/got promoted.

5. You only get negged because you've almost reached 500 posts and I bet not one has been positive - which is a bit odd for a Wednesday fan given the last two seasons have been our best this millennium.

I don't mind giving the club money to help them out but I want a guaranteed return.

i'll give them £20,000 but I want a season ticket for life for me and my son in return. I also want a debenture over a seat to give me a guarantee that it will be honoured come what may.

Not sure if that works for FFP though @mkowl

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

11 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I can't imagine this will generate much cash. Wouldn't they have been better improving the commercial side of the club - the shop, corporate, refreshments - over the last couple of years?

why not both? Surely this is a corporate initiative anyway?

If we go up this season and the 3 year season ticket is activated what happens to the last year of my current 3 year season ticket?

Do I get 4 free years or have I forgone the last year.

Also if we go up and go down in the first season what happens to the other 2 years or these 'free' 3 year only valid in the Premier league.

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Why don't EFL championship Chairmen get together and challenge the whole concept of FFP, Its quite simply wrong that any club can face embargo while spending less than a club under the protection of parachute payments.   

It's because the PL have them over a barrel.

Challenge parachute payments and the PL will threaten to stop the solidarity payments.

just like the academy rules rubbish.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Where exactly are these plaques going to be attached? To the backs of seats? 

Surely the assumption then is that the only ones likely to be interested are already existing season ticket holders otherwise it is just a random seat that you may never get to sit in - bit like a park bench with a tribute to the dearly departed

If you are already a 3 year season ticket holder, where is the incentive unless we are expecting Premier League football to be at least another 2 seasons away? 

A very strange offer 

Edited by Baldrick

I really cannot see the issue with this... if you can't afford it or don't want to, then don't effing do it. If you can, great!

Its not like DC has said "this is the last resort... if you don't get one then we will go bust and its all your fault". Its simply an initiative to raise capital.

Someone with absolutely no affiliation with us has pumped in millions, and then when an offer comes to the people WITH an affiliation to invest, its like he's raped your effing mum!

Yet again Wednesday "fans" embarrass ourselves. We're turning into scousers

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

I really cannot see the issue with this... if you can't afford it or don't want to, then don't effing do it. If you can, great!

Its not like DC has said "this is the last resort... if you don't get one then we will go bust and its all your fault". Its simply an initiative to raise capital.

Someone with absolutely no affiliation with us has pumped in millions, and then when an offer comes to the people WITH an affiliation to invest, its like he's raped your effing mum!

Yet again Wednesday "fans" embarrass ourselves. We're turning into scousers

law-order-tire-tyre-wheel-car-thief-jcen80_low.jpg

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

This absolutely stinks and I'm not prepared to say otherwise to conform to the opinions of the masses.

Asking for £1,500 from fans when he has boxes sat there empty due to ridiculous policies and totally flawed cost apportionment (to calculate break-even).

Asking for £1,500 when he has McGugan and Joao taking £25K per week out for doing absolutely nothing.

So i put £3K in for me and my lad and it pays the wages of Joao and McGugan for 20 hours. Yep sounds like a plan.

The real irony being that the "10 bob millionaires" so roundly ridiculed on here are exactly the sort that would have probably helped Chansiri out with something like this if they hadn't been treated with such contempt.

I am sorry, but you reap what you sow.

You get negged just for the inaccurate wages mentioned in your post 

I dont see how this solves FFP, without an uptake of more than 1000.

1000 x £1500 = £1.5m

How big a dent in finances etc does this really give us?

Frankly, id rather we were sensible with our money, or if an opportunity to cash in on a player to fund a few new players came up, we did that. There isnt a player in the squad that we could sell, that we dont have an adequate replacement for already aside from Tom Lees. And even then, we have hutch, so we do have someone equally capable..

2 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

If you get 1,000 fans taking this up (and I don't think we will) that's only around £1.5 - £2m. 

Thats not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. I don't see what DC can benefit from that really. 

Are we covering gaps for loss of revenue with delayed kit launches, no 150th anniversary game, crap club shop?

We may have improved the playing staff and pitch but has any of the Infrastructure shown signs of improvement? I'm not sure? The e-commerce bits, stuff to make people spend their money whether on matchdays or other times. It's not really there.

• Like 1