Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Yeah, here comes a "True fan" - he's been clapping along all summer.

Boyd was a cheap option like Djouro, Hutton and Mulgrew.

The Mulgrew bid was reported on Sky: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10965162/sheffield-wednesdays-charlie-mulgrew-offer-rejected-by-blackburn

If "FFP is what you want it to be" than surely you're being negative because it appears that DC wants to put no more in.

Do you honestly think we bid £6m for Sean Morrison?

I have no idea and have more sense than to allege 

just a thought that perhaps the '6million' was the whole package i.e. fee, wages and agent kick back 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Got to love the sheer level of anger though.

Not sure what it is that Mr C, Carlos or SWFC has ever done to poor old Geoffrey, but he sure as hell isn't happy with what's going on.

Hes like Eeyore with anger management issues.

Just now, Hawkeye said:

Hes like Eeyore with anger management issues.

Yeah...it's a bit scary tbh.

Truth be told I have no idea how any "happy clapper" has managed to keep it up over the years.

I've been doing it for about 6 months now and I'm exhausted. Was much easier being a "FUDDerer" or whatever they call them nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Nobody...not even mkowl, has factored in the revenue stream that will come on line when DCs taxi business gets going.

I spotted that straight away and I'm sh*t with money.

Makes you think tho eh?

Mark must be sh*tting himslf

• Haha 4

has to be bigger incentives than that. and it is basically giving the club a loan. 

This does worry me though, because divided by 18 home games in the prem, thats £33 a ticket in the north. So its gonna be a lot more if you don't buy this membership, and even more so if you don't get early bird. 

Hes gonna price fans out. We are northern and work hard and thats a gonna be a lot of money

4 minutes ago, Rentaghost said:

has to be bigger incentives than that. and it is basically giving the club a loan. 

This does worry me though, because divided by 18 home games in the prem, thats £33 a ticket in the north. So its gonna be a lot more if you don't buy this membership, and even more so if you don't get early bird. 

Hes gonna price fans out. We are northern and work hard and thats a gonna be a lot of money

Hmm so if we get into the Premier League my season ticket on the North Stand will probably be about £700 for 18 games?

And in all likelihood we would not win many games either.

2 hours ago, DuncOwl said:

I really cannot see the issue with this... if you can't afford it or don't want to, then don't effing do it. If you can, great!

Its not like DC has said "this is the last resort... if you don't get one then we will go bust and its all your fault". Its simply an initiative to raise capital.

Someone with absolutely no affiliation with us has pumped in millions, and then when an offer comes to the people WITH an affiliation to invest, its like he's raped your effing mum!

Yet again Wednesday "fans" embarrass ourselves. We're turning into scousers

Yes DC has been quite honest in why this is necessary.

But let's be clear, this isn't an investment opportunity for fans. It's an option to purchase a plaque for an obscene amount.

To make it an investment, the return would have to have the clear potential to exceed the outlay.

E.g. This could be along the lines of:

Invest any amount above £1500. Upon promotion to the Premier League, investors can choose to:

a) have the original investment returned

b) have the original investment doubled, and the balance redeemed towards any ticket or merchandise purchases for any seasons we are in the Premier League, until the balance has been used. After 10 seasons in the Premier League, any unused balances will be forfeited.

Should the club fail to reach the Premier League within 5 years, supporters can choose to spend their investment on tickets and merchandise regardless of what league we are in.

That gives investors an upside, an exit option, and a money back in the form of having to spend it on the club anyway option.

It probably wouldn't satisfy financial regulations or FFP though...!

I don't really understand ffp. Maybe someone could explain what it achieves.

We have a chairman who wants to gamble his own money on getting us into the premier league, so as long as he signs something that says the club won't have to cough up if it all goes t*ts up, where's the problem?