Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

I understand the negative views towards this, essentially selling something that might never materialise 

the chairman cannot keep writing blank cheques, all revenue streams need to be improved in the club, merchandising and corporate/hospitality can all be massively improved upon and whilst it won't solve the issue completely every bit will help 

The chairman needs to be a bit more savvy on what advice he takes reference buying and selling players, FF isn't irreplaceable and could have been sold last year for a big sum , and I think many experienced chairmen out there wouldn't have hesitated 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

indeed the amount raised does virtually nothing  wont even keep Mcgugan et al in hair gel

I  think this is a reverse tell for watching agents 

but as a genuine money raiser I'm very surprised there isnt a mega expensive platinum plaque pack for director's seats    

here's an idea : get the freebie wallas who got us into such a bad court steps situation that we had to hand over legit club shares for FA  to fork out 

Perhaps all the local heroes who wanted to get into the club on the cheap along with the parasites will stump up...after all it is helping the club   lol 

Edited by daveyboy66

Guest Deleted member
39 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

It might make a huge difference to ffp, if a rich 'mystery' man was to buy tens of thousands, using lots of other peoples names.

1 minute ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Because the limiting factor on spending is the rules, rather than any limit on available funds. Think about it and read my previous post.

I'd ignored the first post as I thought you were being sarcastic

Are you genuinely saying you think DC would commit fraud (because thats what it would be)? Thats a hell of an allegation - even when youve worded it so vaguely.

I think our Chairman is an honourable man who would never do such a thing.

Guest Deleted member
Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Perhaps all the local heroes who wanted to get into the club on the cheap along with the parasites will stump up...after all it is helping the club   lol 

You do know that of those 'local heroes' you continue to disparage, there was a small consortium of about 5. 

33 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

One you've done it you have to keep re-doing it to replace the advance cash you've spent. That's where this scheme comes in I reckon. 

Therein lies the danger though.

we sold 7,000 3 year season tickets. So most people who wanted one and could afford one had one. So if for instance we had also sold 3 year season tickets this season we wouldn't have sold many. A few peoples circumstances would've changed and they'd have got one but we are suddenly talking hundreds instead of thousands of people.

I have been saying it for a long time now but:-

his thirst for cash flow from those season tickets made me nervous when it was never going to have any impact on FFP.

His refusal to allow deferred payments from reputable businesses who were willing to sign a legally binding contract made me very very nervous.

Niruttinanon selling Reading because he didn't have the funds to get them promoted rang alarm bells.

Absolutely zero evidence of Chansiri having the level of cash required after all this time is perplexing.

Unsubstantiated rumours in the business community of him borrowing much of the cash were taken with a pinch of salt but now offer a niggling doubt.

This now all smells a bit fishy.

16 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Because the limiting factor on spending is the rules, rather than any limit on available funds. Think about it and read my previous post.

The rules are a limiting factor.

And the rules prevent Chansiri and his pals buying 1,000 of these memberships - if that is what you are getting at.

Like has been said its a hell of a lot of money for something that might not even happen. On the other side though it really seems like DC is thinking up any way possible to get more money invested in the club. Get the feeling that if things dont go our way this season he will be forced to sell a player or 2 which he doesnt want to do.

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd ignored the first post as I thought you were being sarcastic

Are you genuinely saying you think DC would commit fraud (because thats what it would be)? Thats a hell of an allegation - even when youve worded it so vaguely.

I think our Chairman is an honourable man who would never do such a thing.

i don't think would be fraud. Ffp is a set of rules designed to help prem clubs regain that status. it's not the letter of the law and a few clubs who have gone up having broken ffp have not been punished...lots of people donate money anonymously to all sorts of causes and as long as they aren't somehow stealing, there's no law against it. The rules might rule against this but we all know ffp rules have been broken by lots of clubs. No laws were broken in doing this though.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Like has been said its a hell of a lot of money for something that might not even happen. On the other side though it really seems like DC is thinking up any way possible to get more money invested in the club. Get the feeling that if things dont go our way this season he will be forced to sell a player or 2 which he doesnt want to do.

That's the problem with our strategy of over 30's on long contracts though. Nobody would take on their contracts for free let alone stump up cash.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

More money into the club by squeezing more money out of the fans who have already stumped up for a 3 year season ticket and paying highest prices in the league. Bet new kit will be the most expensive in the league as well.

All this when we have been stockpiling expensive players in the reserves who we don't seem bothered about shifting.

I know for nearly all these players we wont get back the money we paid for them but about time we shifted a few to ease FFP regulations.

The Rhodes transfer at the moment seem a very expensive folly.

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

If we were sailing so close to ffp then how come we bid millions for Morrison at Cardiff?

It sounded like the club had an easy ride after saying we bid £6m for a defender (but don't tell anyone) at the meeting.

CC has said we wouldn't have bought Boyd if a fee was involved. Since then we lost out to Djouro (a free agent), been heavily linked with Alan Hutton and reportedly bid £100k for a defender from a League One club. Is it smelling fishy yet?

CC has hinted in several interviews that players might be sold.

I've been receiving neg marks all through the summer from experts on here who have been saying FFP wasn't an issue. Where have they disappeared to?

I'm going to get a lot more neg marks for this, but if something smells of sh!t it usually is sh!t. I never believed the £6m bid and if you did may your God go with you.

Edited by Geoffrey

19 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

i don't think would be fraud. Ffp is a set of rules designed to help prem clubs regain that status. it's not the letter of the law and a few clubs who have gone up having broken ffp have not been punished...lots of people donate money anonymously to all sorts of causes and as long as they aren't somehow stealing, there's no law against it. The rules might rule against this but we all know ffp rules have been broken by lots of clubs. No laws were broken in doing this though.

If you allege a football chairman has broken the rules that govern football that's something you ought to have the evidence to back up. 

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

It sounded like the club had an easy ride after saying we bid £6m for a defender (but don't tell anyone) at the meeting.

CC has said we wouldn't have bought Boyd if a fee was involved. Since then we lost out to Djouro (a free agent), been heavily linked with Alan Hutton and reportedly bid £100k for a defender from a League One club. Is it smelling fishy yet?

CC has hinted in several interviews that players might be sold.

I've been receiving neg marks all through the summer from experts on here who have been saying FFP wasn't an issue. Where have they disappeared to?

I'm going to get a lot more neg marks for this, but if something smells of sh!t it usually is sh!t. I never believed the £6m bid and if you did may your God go with you.

Lovers gonna love. Neggers gonna neg.

The slightest hint of criticising the club or chairman and they're liable to descend.  Wear it like a badge of honour. If they had their way there'd be no debate - simply praise. A Fox News of a forum. 

• Haha 1